250hp on stock block?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Mitsi God
[L] Plates

Post by Mitsi God »

mrb1 wrote:
Mitsi God wrote:
hope the pic works... there you go, roller dyno, 187.4kwatw = 250hpatw and 870nm... believe me now, or do i need to upload a video of it?
That doesn't count it's going down hill all the way :D
Plus it's 1.8 not 2.0 :oops:

So what mods do you have?
MPI, evo 2 turbo, 3inc exhaust, evo i/c, 510 injectors, link g2 ecu. also rebulit engine, all work done by myself, any of you kiwi boys want and mitsi engine bulit, im happy to help :D but as i said earlyer, bottom end and head bulit to standard spec's, i have another engine im installing whitch is 2l with late model evo pistons (evo 8) witch has compression ratio of 8:1, idea is for just afew more pony's to crack the 200kwatw's
Where There's Smoke... There's Tyres!
FlawlessVictory
tosser

Post by FlawlessVictory »

Modify the engine and add nitrous then you will get over 250kws, get a Zex wet nos kit that has 55, 65 75 hp jets, easy to install, best bang for your buck.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Old Farts made 250 at the wheels on his jb pistons, which were installed over a decade ago. Here's the dyno Image.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

and ricethief made 211 rwhp with a standard head and cam at 16 psi, heres the proof

...sad....i cant upload pics
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

RiceThief wrote:Old Farts made 250 at the wheels on his jb pistons, which were installed over a decade ago. Here's the dyno Image.
Yes but I believe this was with a modified head?
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Mitsi God wrote:
mrb1 wrote:
Mitsi God wrote:
hope the pic works... there you go, roller dyno, 187.4kwatw = 250hpatw and 870nm... believe me now, or do i need to upload a video of it?
That doesn't count it's going down hill all the way :D
Plus it's 1.8 not 2.0 :oops:

So what mods do you have?
MPI, evo 2 turbo, 3inc exhaust, evo i/c, 510 injectors, link g2 ecu. also rebulit engine, all work done by myself, any of you kiwi boys want and mitsi engine bulit, im happy to help :D but as i said earlyer, bottom end and head bulit to standard spec's, i have another engine im installing whitch is 2l with late model evo pistons (evo 8) witch has compression ratio of 8:1, idea is for just afew more pony's to crack the 200kwatw's
Do you have an engine bay picture you can post?
Mitsi God
[L] Plates

Post by Mitsi God »

now, you may think... thats a fwd engine coz of the roccer cover but i just changed it so the writing goes the same way as the inlet manifold, its untidy i know but they were taken just after the wireing was done..
FlawlessVictory
tosser

Post by FlawlessVictory »

Hey, how much was the injection perfection custom dizzy.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

mrb1 wrote:Yes but I believe this was with a modified head?
Yes, correct, but nothing over the top. IIRC O/s Inlet valve and a mild Port.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

toysrus wrote:
mrb1 wrote:Yes but I believe this was with a modified head?
Yes, correct, but nothing over the top. IIRC O/s Inlet valve and a mild Port.
Yes but not stock.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Mitsi God wrote:Image

now, you may think... thats a fwd engine coz of the roccer cover but i just changed it so the writing goes the same way as the inlet manifold, its untidy i know but they were taken just after the wireing was done..
Looks good.
What fuel were you using for your dyno run?
Also what cam?

My point was typically supporting modes support more power but you normally hit a brick wall somewhere around 225wHP (167wkw) with the stock head?
Yours is the highest dyno sheet ever posted on Austarion with the stock head.
How does that dyno compare with a Dyno Dynamics dyno?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i think the point of posting oldy's dyno sheet was more so about the fact it has still got 10 year old (albeit ceramic coated) STOCK CAST pistons in it.. not whether it has a ported head..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Mitsi God
[L] Plates

Post by Mitsi God »

Stock head, no porting, stock cam, 98 octane feul, very similar dyno to dyno dynamic's roller dyno... i think the whole point of this is that people to easily discard the mitsi single cam engine for the twin cam, my car is on full boost at 2 750rpm, and pulls like a school boy right to 6 000rpm, i have put most model evo's and sti wrx's to shame, its quite a laugh, typical things they say after is "mean vr4 engine bro" "what type of nissan engine has it got?" or just the finger... hahaha
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Mitsi God wrote:Stock head, no porting, stock cam, 98 octane feul, very similar dyno to dyno dynamic's roller dyno... i think the whole point of this is that people to easily discard the mitsi single cam engine for the twin cam, my car is on full boost at 2 750rpm, and pulls like a school boy right to 6 000rpm, i have put most model evo's and sti wrx's to shame, its quite a laugh, typical things they say after is "mean vr4 engine bro" "what type of nissan engine has it got?" or just the finger... hahaha
That's certainly a good result. Yes the spool and response using the EVO2 turbo (same internals as my EVO3 turbo) is totally awersome it just transforms the car.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

redzone wrote:i think the point of posting oldy's dyno sheet was more so about the fact it has still got 10 year old (albeit ceramic coated) STOCK CAST pistons in it.. not whether it has a ported head..
Yes that's right I just added that without modifing the head 250wHP would not be possible but I have been proven wrong by our NZ friend.