Jeremy Clarkson has always loved Starions

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Jeremy Clarkson has always loved Starions

Post by Darkelf »

Thought I would share this with everyone.

I got this book as a Kris Kringle at work. (They know me so well.)

It is quite old as you can tell from the pic of a young Clarkson on the front cover but I was very pleased to find the inclusion of a Starion!!!!

I particularly like the quote when describing a staz as having " the subtelty of a 70's disco with all the manners of a drunk" LOL

Enjoy

Cover:

Car:
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

well that explains the horse head emblem for it.. lol
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

benny wrote:well that explains the horse head emblem for it.. lol
horse head? :shock:

aaaargh another ill informed journo sprouting the stallion thing.. :roll:

interesting the pics and text in that article kinda explain alot of what happened on top gear last year when he bought/raced that widebody!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

No offence but anyone who believes the stallion myth would believe anything. If the japs are confused about their ls and r, we'd all be driving rancers, skyrines, sirvias and god knows what else that comes from jap land.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

just around the 3/4 mark you'll see what i mean about "the horse head emblem" :D
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

yes there is a horse head, but correct me if I'm wrong, didn't it stand for Star of Orion or somthing?? Yes they used a Horses head on those keys, but that is the only place I have ever seen that.

Rock on Jeremy
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah by the late 70's mitsubishi had gotten over the whole horsey thing, and was mad keen on stars constellations etc. ie astron, sirius engines, sigma cars etc. so it wasnt a stretch for the company to name their range topping technological showpiece the starion - short for star of orion - the basis of the mitsubishi 3 pointed star emblem.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Star of Orion my ass, that's the cover-up story...

Jezza is actually on the money. This time.

That book was turned into a video/dvd a couple of years ago. Not bad viewing actually.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I saw a little white bag a while ago with "Star of Orion" On it direct from Mitsubishi. The pic was posted on here I believe. Anyone else remember this?
redzone
racking my brains

Re: ...

Post by redzone »

NachoMan wrote:Star of Orion my ass, that's the cover-up story...

Jezza is actually on the money. This time.
BULLSHIT! LOL

so why wasnt the galant called "GARANT"

lancer called "RANCER"

evolution called "EVORUTION"

hey maybe the cordia was meant to be the "COLDIA"

and if that was the case starion would have 2 "R's"

benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

someone call mitsu in japan and find out :pimp :beer
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

The horses head related to mitsubishi being known as the "Colt car company" back in the day, a couple of people on here have mentioned the colt logo even appearing on early GTO's. You'll also see the colt logo on the advan racing starions aswell.
I can't believe that people would think a multi million dollar project would have a mispelt name.
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

To the pr*ck who edited/hacked my original post, at least have the decency to use the correct grammar. You might be uneducated f-wit but some of us are not! :x
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

are u referring to the awesome starion bit? look at my sig.. i think deeks is playing games with us again. remember how every time cordia was written it came out as cordial? rofl

haha i previewed this post and it came out saying awesome twice..

SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

In Europe Mistubishi used the name 'Colt', and the horse emblem was used on more cars than the Starion, especially the Mirages and Lancers.

The Stallion thing was made up as a joke by a journo in the 80's as a racist joke, and its stuck with us through the years. Its easy to beleive and funny but not true. The original author admitted he made it up, but people tend to pay less attention to an apology/correction than a funny story :)

Starion was named after Star of Orion, not because of the solar system, but it was a tribute to the Orion engines of the 1970's. Most Mitsubishi cars of the 70's and 80's had names made from two words, mostly precious stones, the dia in Cordia comes from diamond for example.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)