red ja for sale

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
chiko
*** Half Century Post ***

red ja for sale

Post by chiko »

its an 82 ja-red-with jb front bar
performance rebuilt engine( done 5000 kms)
new rebuilt turbo
new radiator
new alternator
hoses and under bonnet accessories replaced
top mount intercooler
bov
wood grain steering wheel/turbo timer
genuine sheepskin seat covers
clutch has been replaced a year ago
reconditioned gerarbox
immaculate interior/original
door speaker pods
xplod 6x9
new windscreen
brand new tyres
new front brake pads
lowered tokiko springs all round
tokiko front struts
nolathane bushes
comes with spare bonnet, drivers door,2x rims, ecu, air flow meter,and bits and peices.
body needs a respray,car runs very smooth and effeciant, handles buetifully....$3500 excellent car to drive
please email me if genuinelly interested louiequinchero886@hotmail.com
chiko

rebuilt engine

Post by chiko »

here are the details of the engine rebuild

Bore/hone block
deck block
resize rods
remove balance shafts
balance pistons,rods, crank
lighten & balance fly wheel
reco head ; pressure test, surface,k/l guides,cutseats, machine valves,port head
supply; new pistons hypatec,rings b/e & m/b fulll gasket set.
custom cam, h/d valve springs
GasJA
I like starions

JA for sale

Post by GasJA »

Is the car registered?
Have you set up the head for LPG?
Hardened valve seats etc.
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

LPG???

WTF? LOL

Dave had his on LPG and it ran like shit and then died, twice! Why would you put a 2.0L Turbo sports car on on an inefficient fuel? rofl

Starions have Hardened Valve Seats stock! No need to ask!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
chiko

Re: JA for sale

Post by chiko »

GasJA wrote:Is the car registered?
Have you set up the head for LPG?
Hardened valve seats etc.
the car doesnt run on lpg... it has had premium the whole time i have it
GasJA
I like starions

Post by GasJA »

chunkhead wrote:LPG???

WTF? LOL

Dave had his on LPG and it ran like shit and then died, twice! Why would you put a 2.0L Turbo sports car on on an inefficient fuel? rofl

Starions have Hardened Valve Seats stock! No need to ask!

Just passed by the BP on the corner
Products on offer
Unleaded 91 RON
Premium Unleaded 95 RON
BP Ultimate 98 RON
Autogas no number?

So I checked out the Caltex website

"Automotive LPG (Autogas)

A premium quality, clean burning, liquefied petroleum gas. It is a high octane fuel suitable for all currently available automotive LPG engines or dual fuel LPG/petrol engines.
It is composed mainly of propane and butane, with minor amounts of propylene and butylene and is the cleanest, most inexpensive car fuel on the market.
It meets the Australian Institute of Petroleum guidelines for LPG, has a gross energy per unit mass of 47.7MJ/kg and an octane rating of approximately 100."

In Australia Autogas is a mixture of Propane and Butane - the Butane is the lower octane contribution - but just Propane 111 RON is available in certain places. Which has raised interest in hotrod circles.

The only reason they don't put the rating on the bowser is it would upset buyers of eurosnob cars. Heresy!

As to the reliability with a Starion engine -
I would be interested in finding out what people have experienced.

Thanks for the bit about the valve seats.
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I know what LPG is, but it's not suitable for Starions! Like I said, one owner already stupidly tried it and wrecked his engine, twice! LPG may have the high octane rating, but it just doesn't cut it for power!

Think about it.. which car will have more power?

A BA Ford Falcon on LPG (Octane 111) or the same car running Premium 98 Unleaded?

I know gas seems like a fantastic idea atm due to petrol prices, but a well tuned and looked after Starion doesn't use that much fuel! Better yet, instead of forking out for an LPG conversion (and you'll have a long wait), spend the money on an aftermarket computer. Not only will your fuel consuption rate drastically decrease but you'll gain a heap more power when you need it ( but then you can see your fuel gauge needle going down) :beer

For Sale:
GasJA
I like starions

Post by GasJA »

What setup did he use?
GasResearch?
I ran a GasResearch for a couple of years and blew a head.
But - I hardly ever changed plugs (poor maintenance) and the rings were already shot.
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

It was actually a gas development car back in the 80's. There was a question of weather a turbo car could run gas, so they used this car to do it. It has quite a history but the parts at the time were crude and not very developed. Someone built the car a new engine then it came to us. We did what we could with the system without spending a fortune as outright power was not his concern, so we added boost enrichment and cold start and a few other things and also a hybrid 05-06. The thing was making good power after that but the engine has began to get smokey. I would not say its blown up, but yeah, its smokey!.. i dont know the history of that particular rebuild at all but its shabby so he's getting a HO engine put in with gas research/zoom system.
However, i have to agree with chunky, dont go in this direction with a sports car...do it to your shitter that your going to drive for the sake of saving a dollar in fuel.
Last edited by flav on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
silo
Enthusiast

Post by silo »

I would assume that if you put a staz on LPG it would be a dual system(PULP used aswell as gas) For the sake of convenience! Thats a fair whack of extra weight in a small car :?
My 2 cents :D
(Also good luck with sale)
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

No, the fuel tank is removed and the gas tank goes in its place.
GasJA
I like starions

Post by GasJA »

From the Australian Government website

Why are there different mixes of propane and butane in LPG (autogas)?

Autogas consists of propane or propane and butane. Residential LPG (used for domestic cooking and heating) consists of propane only.

Fluctuations in the relative levels of propane and butane in autogas is not an unusual phenomenon; it is evident in autogas mixes used in other parts of the world, such as Europe.

Maintaining different mixes of propane and butane is important for the continuation of the autogas market. The fluctuation provides for the flexibility necessary for the distribution of autogas to metropolitan and regional centres.

Certain regional and rural areas are provided with autogas that consists of only propane so that both the domestic and automotive needs can be met with the one tanker load. INTERESTING

The environmental gains from placing constraints on the amount of propane or butane in a mix (ie. 50% butane and 50% propane mix) are not significant enough to limit the autogas market to a set composition.

Some argue that there may even be environmental gains in allowing the level of butane to continue to fluctuate so that the autogas market can operate as a butane 'sink', particularly as there are limited export and domestic petrochemical markets for the use of excess butane.

My apologies to eurosnob drivers..[/b]
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

a thread which talks about my car how interesting.

I love my starion and I completely agree with chunkhead and flav about why put a sports car on gas. Mine has a very long history as Flav mentioned with Gas conversions, at after being done was quite unique.

The car has done over 100,000kms on gas, and lasted many years, I blew the bottom end up and the guy who rebuilt it was a tool, it was rebuilt on warrantee. Unfortuneatly its blowing smoke again.

I've had a few problems trying to get it right, but hell it's all a journey, and you know the old saying "what is it with wogs and cash?!" so why not throw a few large at it.
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

chunkhead wrote: Like I said, one owner already stupidly tried it and wrecked his engine, twice
gee mate, i haven't even met you, lets not start picking on eachothers ideas.
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Not having a go at you Dave, just stating, and you'll have to agree, maybe putting the Stazz on gas wasn't the brightest idea in hindsight!? :(

For Sale: