why you chose Starion ?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I was actually looking for cordias in classified when I came across an add for a starion and thought wft is that. After abit of searching on the net decide to buy one as a go between car until I could afford to go a skyline, but after spending so much on it I cant let it go.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
nzgsr
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by nzgsr »

saw one 4 sale in a classic car mag bout 7 years ago and caught a disease
kiwi_EX
I like starions more

Post by kiwi_EX »

Wanted one ever since I got to drive a 2yr old one when I was 17. Mum and Dad where looking at getting one and I got to do the test drive with the salesman in the passangers seat and mum and dad squeezed in the back. We just got on the motorway and the salesman said floor it and I did, next thing I know we are in 3rd and heading for 160km/hr, at the age of 17 that was amazing!!

All in all Starion's are an awesome car, so far ahead for their time and today still a very unique vehicle, definately not run of the mill like RX7's and 180sx/200sx/silvia's (in my opinion).

:beer
Marc

Post by Marc »

silo wrote:I must have been about 16 when i first saw cannonball run, And loved the Stazz over every other car on the movie. Took a while to track one down and wouldn't part with it for anything :wink:
Starion in cannonball run??? wow...i had no idea!.... was it the original movie Silo? i gotta see it.

What other films has a STARION appeared in??
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

First car was a Sigma which i had plans on turbo'ing.
Helped put a motor in a friends Starion and was taking it for a test drive to see how it went. At the end of one of the streets we went down was a JD parked on a hill with a 4sale sign on it. Guy i was with said i HAD TO BUY IT.

Instantly fell in love with its shape and interior and after a test drive (first time driving a turbo car) i had to have it. Now i own 2 Starions (although ones for parts) and a Cordia Turbo which im going to drive while my JD gets repaired,

Everyone asks what it is or mistakes it for a Rx7 or Cordia (those cordia's with pop up lights must be really really rare). And the handling is great
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Marc wrote:Starion in cannonball run??? wow...i had no idea!.... was it the original movie Silo? i gotta see it.
only in the sequel, ignore the third one (fever) even thought it has a starion on the cover there is none.

Got mine about 6 years ago, took me about 4 months to find but fell in love with it and paid too much. Have kept that cycle going since.
_

Post by SIR GSR »

Coz I had wanted one since I was in primary school...

Had been trying to track one down in good condition since I got my licence. Finally got one....took me 3 years to build it up to be an awesome car and competitive at local rally events....

Then regretfully I sold it...That's the worst decision I ever made...but at least Brock had some fun in it (til it blew up), and now Brendan has it to hopefully help his JD live a new and better life :D
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

i found mine by pure accident, drove past it every day for 2 months, i didnt know what it was, then when i did, i hounded and hounded and percistance paid off,
just got to drive it now.... :x
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

kiwi_EX wrote:Wanted one ever since I got to drive a 2yr old one when I was 17. Mum and Dad where looking at getting one and I got to do the test drive with the salesman in the passangers seat and mum and dad squeezed in the back. We just got on the motorway and the salesman said floor it and I did, next thing I know we are in 3rd and heading for 160km/hr, at the age of 17 that was amazing!!

All in all Starion's are an awesome car, so far ahead for their time and today still a very unique vehicle, definately not run of the mill like RX7's and 180sx/200sx/silvia's (in my opinion).

:beer
Same for me, expect I was 18, we used to cruise car-yards and test drive random cars.

I fell in love at the first drive, saved my ass off and bought one the following year. Within two years I'd stripped it to a shell and painted it purple, three years later it went on a rotisserie, where it still sits today.........

I've owned four in total and hold two currently. I still look at every one I see for sale and I think I'll keep on buying the "the right one" when I find them. Who knows how many I'll end up with? :)

Phil

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

I had a modified sigma which needed more poke, found out a turbo starion engine would bolt in, went and researched the starion, liked what i saw, decided screw all the work - I'll just buy a staz.

LOL screw all the work LOL
silo
Enthusiast

Post by silo »

decoy wrote:
Marc wrote:Starion in cannonball run??? wow...i had no idea!.... was it the original movie Silo? i gotta see it.
only in the sequel, ignore the third one (fever) even thought it has a starion on the cover there is none.

Got mine about 6 years ago, took me about 4 months to find but fell in love with it and paid too much. Have kept that cycle going since.
There was also a scene from 'the siege' that had one in!
Got blown up though :(
Marc

Post by Marc »

thanks guys.

so thats:

The Siege
Cannonball Run II
Cruel Intentions

anything else???

:D
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Jackie chan movies:

Wheels On meals (makes a jump over a car in one scene)
City Hunter (White Widebody up on stand in his garage)
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

At 17 I had already owned a couple of RWD Sigmas and was looking at buying FWD GSR sigma.
The guy also had a red 86 eurospec with a twin cam and simmons, he said I could have it for 9k.
After a hot lap round the suburbs and nearly shitting myself it was sold.
Had it for a couple of years and stupidly swapped it back to him for a CORDIA!!! :wtf: (the Starion is now owned by Plasticdash on this forum)
Saw another one last year, the same model for 8hundy so I couldnt help myself :D
plasticdash
I like starions more

Post by plasticdash »

I brought my starion cause I was sick of fixing my R31 GTSX skyline ! (little did i know how money hungry starion-fever is).
But I like 80's Jap sports cars, and had wanted a starion when i first got my license. So when I saw this well tweaked red starion for sale I snapped it up !