RIP. PETER BROCK

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
flav
Austarion Occupant

RIP. PETER BROCK

Post by flav »

WE JUST LOST ANOTHER ONE.........BROCK IS DEAD.

This is personal....
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

I went looking for more details but there isn't much out there yet. This is from Wikipedia.

"Unconfirmed reports state Peter Brock died in a racing accident after colliding with a tree during TargaWest '06 in Western Australia."
jakobsladderz

Post by jakobsladderz »

It has been confirmed now.. At least he went out doing what he loved. Unfortunate for sure.
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

theres a bit on the Sydney Morning Herald website
Not much but some there
Another one doing what he loved
Damn Wikipedia is quick
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Sad day for Motor Racing. :cry:
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

We should never take our icons for granted.
A very sad week for Australia. :(
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

This is bullsh!t.

Not Brocky :cry: :cry:

How can he be gone? What's going to happen to Australian Motor Racing now that the man who made it real is gone....

My sincere condolences go out to Bev, and the rest of the Brock family. It's just not right :cry:

RIP Pete. You will be missed mate.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

holy shit i cant believe it,
still coming to terms with steve, now peter!!
whats going on??
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Can't believe it Peter perfect is gone :cry:
Rip 05
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

Post by shiftlockmotorsport2 »

rest in peace brockie you are a legend, hero and an icon. my thoughts go out to his family. this is bull shit. very unfair. will miss you brockie
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

Is there anyway we can petition AVESCO to make a "King of the Mountain" trophy immortilising Peter.

I've suggested it on a forum at home (www.importx.co.nz) and so far the idea is supported by 100% of people who have responded.

I originally thought the trophy should go to winner, but others have suggested making it a peoples choice award reflecting his popularity with the fans.

I'll never forget meeting hima Pukekohe a couple of years ago - it started to rain and the V8s were on slicks. He said "good now there is going to be carnage" - obviously a fan like myself who enjoys the odd crash (as long as it is done by those who can afford it aka professional teams).
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

thats an awesome idea,
honestly im a ford man myself, but just the personality and the character of brocky made him the best, i reckon avesco/cams will award a "peter brock" trophy, maybe for sportsmanship, not winning, like a A.B medal or brownloe medal or something
that would be fitting
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

There should be a trophy dedicated to Peter Brock. Most certainly. IMO it should be given to the winner of Bathurst each yeat to comemorate the man who was unbeatable for 30 years.....

We will forever miss him on the mountain.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Marc

Post by Marc »

Two great Australian's die in the same week doing what they love best..... what a freak coincidence.

We'll miss you both!

Rest in Peace Steve Irwin & Peter Brock
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

agree wholeheartedly with the above comments, such a damn shame indeed, what next, john farnham?????

brocky was so well respected because if he fkd up, he would admit he fkd up, unlike other people who would tell everyone a rock jumped out in front of them..

a truly SAD time for motorsport, and australia in general, that man was a living legend. so many good memories left behind, he was still competitive at his advanced age.

from a holden 6 powered austin A30 to a V8 daytona coupe replica, we will remember him!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au