Group a cars rack and pinion?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

Anyone know woh I might contact from mitsubishi japan, or whoever to get possible some part numbers for the group a rally starion?

Or are there any homologation "sp?" documents laying around that have part numbers?
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

airbats801 wrote:Anyone know woh I might contact from mitsubishi japan, or whoever to get possible some part numbers for the group a rally starion?

Or are there any homologation "sp?" documents laying around that have part numbers?
These parts were not for sale. There are no part numbers in the homologation papers.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

well doesnt that suck, I was hoping maybe it floated into production on some other car.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Somewhere in my distant memory I recall reading some article about a guy in the US who was fitting a rack out of a (I think) 260Z as it was all but a direct line up on the Starion with only some minor modification needed.

I recall reading the words "Starion" and "minor modification" - shuddered violently - and went back to whatever it was I was doing before that and tried to forget I ever gave it some thought.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Driving my mates 280z coupe with a power assisted rack does indeed feel fucking good... hmmm, he has another rack lying around...

Hah, i used the words 'rack' and 'feel good', someone make a joke, go on, i fucking doube dare you.

Airbats, if you liked the s13, drive a first gen MX5 with powersteering. Dear lord.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

djpowerhaus in the states doing his 4g64dohc race car put an entire s13 front end in his car. We havent heard any road tests yet for bumpsteer though.

I dont know about the 280 or 260 rack, but the 300z racks are suppose to have quite a bit less lock to lock than a s13, and the s13 is pretty much perfect from what I understand. As far as fitment.
80's Hero