3 or more injectors

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jakobsladderz »

might work but you'll need to make sure that the spray pattern is ok at such a low pressure and you'll need to be mindfull of vapour-lock, maybe put some thermal insulation over the fuel rail and pipes in the engine bay to stop the fuel getting too hot, since the lower the pressure the greater the chance of fuel boiling.

if they're low impednce injectors you'll need resistors too..

Duncan
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

edge, how did you go with all your findings?
gordonspec® racing
edge
Lil' Dorifto

Post by edge »

all good so far still have to move throttle body around and re do the inter cooler pipes going to take it for a drive on the weekend ill let you know what happens
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Any news?
edge
Lil' Dorifto

Post by edge »

yea i took it for a drive with the turbo not connected and it ran like crap
wont rev up under load may need the turbo connected? not to sure the boost gauge read the opposit way and may be telling the computer to shut off the injectors i hope so ill wait and see when i have the turbo connected if someone can try this it may help me
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

You definatley need the turbo connected. The air flow meter which dictates the air fuel ratio sits in the air filter and if the amount of air that goes in the throttle body is any differen't from what goes through the air filter, the car will run like a pig.
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jakobsladderz »

Depending on what you had hooked up and not the computer could have been very consfused. If you left the crossover pipe off but still had the air filter hooked up (with the airflow meter) then fuel would have been dumped in as soon as the turbo started spinning.. I'd dare say you'll need to hook everything up as close to normal as possible, perhaps you could disconnect the wastegate pushrod so the wastegate stays open if you don't want it to boost (too much, it may make a couple of PSI with the wastegate open) so you can test it..
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
edge
Lil' Dorifto

Post by edge »

i took the air flow meter off a long time ago an it still ran sweet (before i put the multipint in) i dont know what happend i have changed the ecu from the origanal one i had also a long time ago i think i will get the turbo plumbed up and see what happens i still have to take the maifold off an get the throttle body moved might get that done on friday
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Thats odd, my starion will barely start and keep idling without the air flow meter.

How do we go about rotating these manifolds anyway?
edge
Lil' Dorifto

Post by edge »

all im going to do is chop off the end after the trottle body so i can still bolt it on then weld a plate over the end then get a hole saw and cu a 2" hole in the other end and weld the flange on there. easy
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:Thats odd, my starion will barely start and keep idling without the air flow meter.

How do we go about rotating these manifolds anyway?
thats weird, ive had three 2.0 starions and they've all idled without the afm plugged in- not spectacularly but still sit around 600-700rpm

deliver plenty of fuel for 1bar :)
gordonspec® racing
edge
Lil' Dorifto

Post by edge »

yea my car ran real good without the afm i was running around 14 psi.ok ive worked out the problem i need bigger injectors i found out that the ones i have are only 210cc i need twice the size off a vr4 or similiar that is why it is cutting out any one in nz got any?
edge
Lil' Dorifto

Post by edge »

hi guys sorry for the long delay had a few problems with the engine droped something down the inlet manifold and banged up no 4 piston pretty bad and bent some valves pissed me off so i pulled out the engine got it all fixed up and put evo 1 pistons in standard rods all new bearings,rings gaskets and removed the ballance shafts any way put it all back in got it running (mpi setup standard ecu ) she ran like a dog took us all yesterday and found out it was the temprature sensor the one with two pins on it so i put the starion one in and now she runns good as took it for a long drive and also has a lot more power. so there you have it it can work and it is really easy.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Can you write up exactly what you had to do? Have you checked your A/F ratio?

Good on ya for putting the myth to rest :beer
kiwi_EX
I like starions more

Post by kiwi_EX »

Well done on all the effort!!

Yes, if you can please write up what you did, what you used etc, would be a major help for alot of us.

Cheers :beer