missing something? headlight, BOV help!!!

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
grothie1978
I love starions

missing something? headlight, BOV help!!!

Post by grothie1978 »

heya peepz

looked at turbo for first time today, glad to say absolutely no shaft play at all, but... is there something meant to go on this? if so what and where does it goto?
the other one connects directly to the turbo.

also my drivers side headlight doesnt sit properly, how can i fix that? i tried the manual turner below the light but no luck

also i have the ECI on my 82 starion, i was wondering where does the BOV plug into? i no it goes on the piping but isnt there a vacuum line or something to plug into the ECI? which one does it plug into? here is a pic of the engine in my stazza.

also whats the best method for getting the turbo cleaned up to look pretty and stuff? also (again) how can i keep the original air box but get more air flow into it and get it looking all pretty too? any ideas

any help would be GREATLY appreciated and thanks 4 putting up with ALL of my questions (that have probably already been asked)
--Many Thanks--
REPREZENTIN'
http://www.freeyabb.com/forums/unstable.html <---REGISTER HERE
grothie1978
I love starions

bump

Post by grothie1978 »

BUMP
--Many Thanks--
REPREZENTIN'
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

ok, i see u like the rice feel!

with the airbox u are able to cut a big hole in it so it can get much better flow!

if u want to clean the airbox up u probably need to get it sandblasted or something im a bit unsure!

on ur charge pipe u will need to cut a hole for ur blow off valve and then weld it in!

the vac line hose will have to goto a T piece that goes to the boost gauge and the manifold.

if anyone has any other info add it up!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jakobsladderz »

the second pipe on the wastegate actuator (closest to the end with the pushrod coming out) is used on some variants to hold the wastegate open when the engine is cold. Otherwise just leave it open. I dare say you have a wastegate actuator off a later model vehicle.
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jakobsladderz »

the second pipe on the wastegate actuator (closest to the end with the pushrod coming out) is used on some variants to hold the wastegate open when the engine is cold. Otherwise just leave it open. I dare say you have a wastegate actuator off a later model vehicle.
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

I love the custom job of the intake pipe from the turbo to the ECI. What preformance store did you get that from :D

But on a serious note where that pipe is stuck into the turbo make sure there is no gap there for crap to fall into the turbo. I would wrap it with duct tape just to make sure no crap is sitting there and when you take the pipe out it dosn't fall in.

If you do wrap it with something make sure this is no crap there to start off with.

Good Luck
:beer
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Re: missing something? headlight, BOV help!!!

Post by Glen GSR III »

grothie1978 wrote:

also my drivers side headlight doesnt sit properly, how can i fix that? i tried the manual turner below the light but no luck

also whats the best method for getting the turbo cleaned up to look pretty and stuff? also (again) how can i keep the original air box but get more air flow into it and get it looking all pretty too? any ideas
RICER! :)

ok, try unbolting the head light assembly from underneath (3x10mm bolts) and moving it around to see if it will sit better, it was probably knocked out of alignment when u got that ding in the guard. Loosen the bolts and try to push it back down (carefully!) to where it should sit.

clean up the turbo to make it pretty? does it make it faster? :wink:
seriously though, you can take it off and get it sanded/polish or chromed? (intake side only) With the air box get sand blasted as ryan said and chromed or powder coated.
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
grothie1978
I love starions

cheers

Post by grothie1978 »

thanks so much guys
just want the engine bay to look a little better, as u can see the guy who owned it before me didnt have much of an idea.
yeah i just wanna polish the turbo up a lil to look better
thanks so so much
--Many Thanks--
REPREZENTIN'
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

To clean the turbo, try Carby clean. I used it on my intake manifold when I had it off and it came up like brand new.

I don't know if this would be to harsh on the turbo or not but try one of those wire brush bits for a drill.
Maybe someone can give you a better Idea about these methods
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Maybe a bit clearer...

Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
grothie1978
I love starions

rice

Post by grothie1978 »