Starion Fuel Chips 98RON

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

I always run 95 ron, getting 98 is a 30 minute drive away. Is the extra 3 RON critical?.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

hmm unsure, possibly wouldnt run as well as the chip designed to run 95 octane made less power than that which was designed to run 98.

I also live 20 minutes or more from the nearest 98 octane source however I buy a 20l drum of methenol every few weeks ($1/L) in my travels and put a bottle of it in my car for majour fillups and keep a litre spare tucked under the boot trim in a nitro fuel bottle.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

Whats that methanol stuff like?

Any complications??
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

It eats fuel lines.
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

Alspos wrote:It eats fuel lines.
what, even steel lines??
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

It's corrosive.

Link here

Another here

I have heard that drag racers who use it need to drain the fuel system after each meeting to stop it eating the fuel system.
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

just chuck some water in your fuel lines.. it will get rid of the methanol :D
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I don't really understand this, If I raised my boost from 7 to 10 psi I would gain around 15Kw+ would I not? Where is the REAL gain in this chip? The figures are based on you raising your boost by 3 psi... seems a little fraudulent.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

The gain comes from having the correct AFRs' at that Boost level through-out the rev range included the peak-power area of about 6000rpm. I believe the Factory set-up runs the staz too rich when boosted to save the Engine from possible warranty claims during those instantaneous Boost-spikes whilst getting up to 7psi back in the day when these cars were new and had warranties :wink: LOL LOL
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
davidbek95
I've been here before

modified computer

Post by davidbek95 »

I got my ecu modified from brisbane tuning & turbo, quite a few years ago,never got it checked on the dyno for improvement,but it made a good improvement while driving it,as i use to run 15lbs easy, with no problems at all.THats with the crappy standard turbo,no i/c and with unleaded fuel in it.I think i it got stacked away in the shed somewhere i think
rallyvic
****WELCOME TO AUSTARION!****

ecu chip

Post by rallyvic »

Need to know if they are still for sale, reply via email to jackma@netconnect.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Yes, always for sale. Yes we accept pay pal and sexual favours also. :D
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

flav wrote:Yes, always for sale. Yes we accept pay pal and sexual favours also. :D
Yes availiable, Money preffered payment method :D
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:I don't really understand this, If I raised my boost from 7 to 10 psi I would gain around 15Kw+ would I not? Where is the REAL gain in this chip? The figures are based on you raising your boost by 3 psi... seems a little fraudulent.
The gain comes from both. The chip plays with the fuel ratios, making them more efficient... It also allows you to run the extra boost without killing your engine, so you get a double whammy. Honestly tho, ditch the ECI Center point, its just not worth mucking about with.

If you want to keep it tho, i have a full set of parts to rebuild your t-bar type one at home. Its a fun easy project, yours if you want em.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Yea man I understand it re maps the ecu, just thought it would be smarter if it was dyno'd at 10lb without the chip then 10lb with the chip so you could see the real gain of the chip.

Cheers dude, If I was going to stay with centre point I'd buy one of these for sure, but Dj's MS mpi setup has been quite inspiring.

On with the sales! these should be gone by now