** For Sale GroupA Ralliart 4.6 diff ex-Pentti Airikkala **

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

Nothing? Curious about the oil cooler setup for that also. any details on the oil cooler setup for that diff?
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

airbats801 wrote:Nothing? Curious about the oil cooler setup for that also. any details on the oil cooler setup for that diff?
I don't have any specific details (flow rates, etc) other than they ran an external cooler with an electric oil pump.
Just a typical racing setup.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

airbats801 wrote: and fyi, its 88-89 cars in the states woh got the larger axles. We callt hem 6 bolt, since they are 6 bolt :)
fyi the the large axles (6 bolt flange) were homologated Jan 1st 1987 for GroupA. You guys got them later :wink:

Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Dif

Post by Starion VR4 »

Hey man still insterested if we can find a set of axles..... Money burning a hole in my pocket... :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: Dif

Post by mrb1 »

Starion VR4 wrote:Hey man still insterested if we can find a set of axles..... Money burning a hole in my pocket... :beer
Oscar has them no problem.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Oscar has/is going through some family stuff at the moment and has barely been online, even on his own starquest Forums for the past 4-5 months. He's got his priorities right though, so hopefully everything works out ok....
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

Hello all

Mates I have been away for some time now and I just got back on here and I have seen Starions in the Ukraine MORE Widebodies in Oz then aver before and now a Rallyart LSD IN Oz ! Damn miss a few weeks and miss an entire life story !

But YES I have and can get these larger 6 bolt CV axels out to you guys NO PROBLEM. The ones I have are USED but are ALL in GREAT condition and NOW I can even provide NEW CV BOOTS and bearing grease if they ever go out on you.

Also another option you may want to consider is that you CAN run this LSD with the bigger 88-89 CV's on your 4 studed wheels and retaining your 4 bolt hub simply by swaping out the OUTTER CV cups from an 87 LSD CV into the OUTTER CV Cup of the 6 bolt CV. They use the SAME internal sized bearings and reating rings so its an even swap. I will post a diagram here shortly.

As for that Oil Cooler, that is one nice set-up as I have seen it before. It uses the DRAIN plug as a FEED line to the pump then pumped to a cooler and then pumped back to the diff through the FILL plug on top of the diff. REALLY nice set-up and a MUST if you plan on racing with it.

Any questions please just post or e-mail me directly ( oscar-the-grouch@sbcglobal.net )

Cheers all and thank you to those of you who have expressed teir concerns. :beer to all of you.

The Grouch
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

redzone wrote:any ideas what if any other ratios u can put in there??
You can have the options of:
- 3:54 (Original in most Starons)
- 3:90 ( Very comon upgrade )
- 4:22 (NICE for track but RARE set to locate)
- 4:625 (GREAT for gravel or hillclimbs not too rare but still hard to locate)

Hope this helps
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage