shocks

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Mick
Enthusiast

shocks

Post by Mick »

what shocks are everyone using??

direct bolt up preffered. :beer

thanks guys.
mick
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i couldn't find any tokicos to get from the states :( they have them though. Dallas might be able to source some KYBs front and rear
_

Post by RiceThief »

Im using tokico shocks that were imported from the states, they bolt straight in, other option is to modify the struts to get custom ones put it.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

yeah was fairly sure it'd have to be a custom effort.

thanks for your thoughts guys :beer
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Have heard that tokico have been discontinued.

KYB GR-2 Are direct replacment, you wont find them in Australia or even listed in the Australian catalogue.

Part numbers are:

Front: 365029
Rear Left: 235004
rear Right: 235003

Oscar can get them too you fom usa, or with a bit of patience JDM Werks on ebay can get them too you for about $500 a complete set
(note their e-mail system is backed up for about a week so dont expect an instant reply)

Dallas
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

I was running Koni on mine...Not sure on the part numbers though....

Was too long ago now...And I no longer have the KYB front struts, so I can't help on that either...

Part numbers sound right though....
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

dallas thanks heaps for that i'll follow it up shortly when they're needed :x

sir gsr they were really good i take it?

thnks again dudes.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

also

Hot bits can do a full custom coil over set for $1800 utilizing some of the stock parts being modified to suit

Adjustable Konis can be made to fit the rear of a starion with inserts, I belive some fit the front, Its about $250 / shock + the cost of inserts (about $80 a side I think rear only)

Dallas
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Yes....They were very good....
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

Starion_Turbo wrote: Hot bits can do a full custom coil over set for $1800 utilizing some of the stock parts being modified to suit

Dallas
Where are they at?
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
jono
I've been here before

Post by jono »

pedders also do a strut insert starion
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

thanks guys i'll check it all out.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Glen GSR III wrote:
Starion_Turbo wrote: Hot bits can do a full custom coil over set for $1800 utilizing some of the stock parts being modified to suit

Dallas
Where are they at?

Victoria : http://www.hotbits.com.au/
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

So what would be the best option for about 1k? The konis? Or the custom pedders?

And the best standard replacement would be the KYBs at 500ish?
_

Post by Starion_Turbo »

pedders dont have anything in stock for starions, or so thay said.