CHUNKHEAD! Black interior paint?

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
Glenjo
Enthusiast

CHUNKHEAD! Black interior paint?

Post by Glenjo »

SIMON!!!!

What's that black interior paint you used to paint your door trims?

I want to get a set of JA top door trims, paint them black and cut into them for my split tweaters. Don't wanna go wrcking my JD trims.

cheers farker

:beer
Glenjo
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Ok Ok Ok!

Geez you can be impatient! :P

VHT Vinyl Dye, you can get it from Autobarn! I think one of the stickies is about this!? Anyway, make sure you clean the hell out of the trim with "Wax & Grease Remover" first! After that spray VERY light coats and allow about 1-2mins to dry between coats, continue till colour is even! Simple!

:beer :beer :beer
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

sorry to hijack this one :(

what do you reckon is the best paint to use on interior plastics ie door kicks, ecu kick panel, pillar cover...

cheers guys
mick
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Krylon Fusion!

You can only get in the States though! I used it on my centre console. It's chip and scratch proof. It also bends and streches, it's designed for plastics

Have since found it in a few places here that import it

http://www.birchhaby.com.au/

You can see some interior shots of my car in "Show & Go"

For Sale:
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

thanks heaps chunk i sent them a message about it cos i'm in hobart and theres no outlets down here.

i'll check out your photos too!
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

_

Post by Mick »

thanks deeks you saved me an hour there :wtf:

VERY nice on the doors will definately do that.

getting some of the plastic paint could be a prob
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Yeah, I emailed them too! It's a nightmare trying to get it from the U.S! I'm going to spray my dash with it and the door sills (they're scratched to shithouse!) Seriously though, this stuff is bulletproof! My centre console gets full of shit, especially where the window controls are (grease and dirt from your fingers) just wipes clean with a wet cloth, never needs a polish or anything!

Doors are done with the VHT Vinyl Dye as stated above, make sure you get a trim tool to remove the trims though! Otherwise you WILL break clips! I got mine from Total Tools, cost about $5! :beer

For Sale:
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

thanks for the pointers mate hopefully they'll get back to us about it. :x