UK MPI Project - Some Q's and Advice Pls!!

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

WANTSOM wrote:Quest,

I have stood on the sidelines to your posts for a long time and said nothing. This last round has spelled enough. You came on the forum some time ago sprouting all that was great about the US Starion scene.

It is but for christ sake man why do you have to argue the point on everything and then when someone questions you or has an alternative view you go all defensive and start saying how we all hate Americans.

Mate just frikkin chill out and accept that not everything is bigger and better in America. You are talking from a very insulated position. Hell we poor "dumb" Aussies just happened to invent Motec, Haltech, the Black box flight recorder to name just a few. Our own MRB1 (who you seem to dismiss so readily) would eat you for breakfast in the ECU/Injection/Ignition field. And if you think I'm kidding do some research and then pull your head in.

I dont hate the US but your particular attitude sucks. Chill out and join in the mateship here and leave your snide and childish comments at home.

Personally I know less than "Jack" about all this ECU stuff but from what I have learned what you are proposing in your box of tricks is all achievable in one very small "Australian designed" box. And we did it all on our own. :beer
:beer you are da man!

i bet you only wrote that because you hate the US ;) rofl
_

Post by quest »

the thing that prompted my u.s. comments was all those snide u.s. remarks, in this and the 500hp thread.
Any one of them has a dam thing to do with a staz ??
Why use such remarks if for no other reason than provocation ?
Have you seen me make any 'aussie' remarks ? and I'm childish for not ?
Ok, so I'm the vilian for 'responding'. Its like that
Nobody mentioned anything about the derogatory inappropriate u.s statements. Its your house, be as bias as you want.

No problem guys, this is no place for my useless input.
At least it livened up the threads a bit. Too bad nobody got anything useful out of it. I won't bother contributing
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Quest,

I will "dumb it down for you" - here in lil ol Australia we have a very quaint saying - "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, FUCK OFF"

To all our other reasonable minded, easy going, American friends we welcome you and your contribution to this forum.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

WANTSOM wrote: - "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, FUCK OFF"
its funny coz its true :)
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

quest,

I will be the first to admit there have been quite a few remarks against americans/bush/bomb/wars/oil or whatever else (no doubt started by jrod :roll: ) but if you are too short sighted to see that not one of these comments was made in a malicious way you have some serious problems to attend too.

Most of these comments were said straight after one of your posts (most likely one where you ram yourself down ricethiefs, toys or Mrb1s throat. :) ) I'm sure i can speak for most when i say this was nothing more than an attempt to bring a lighter side back into a thread that had become not much less than an all out bitch fight.

So in future if we want to avoid some of the tears afterwards maybe we should all be a bit more respectful to one another, and granted, respective cultures.
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)