Happy Birthday 2 Me

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

DYNO DAY!!! DYNO DAY!!!!

I will be getting my car back from the shop any day now and I want to see how she goes, not expecting anything super duper but running 1bar, i should get better than standard heh, plus a little bit of head work in there.

I want to see how far i can get with the standard ECU.

Anyways Lets get a date set and then get is going heh.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Cookie,
I agree with you the numbers seem a tad high. The ramp tests are good for quick comparsons and changes but I prefer holding it at a given RPM for 4-5 seconds for solid numbers.
However for comparsons among a group of cars the it's the only practical way to test.

My best number with my JA was 169HP @ 1Bar (held number). Stock rebuilt 2.0 (with +1mm oversize standard pistons), No top balance shaft, bottom balance shaft with weights machined off, L300 MPI ,TC06(with Ralliart compressor housing), JD intercooler and pipework, 2.5" exhaust.

10sec_rx7 I'm not having a go at you I'm just agreeing with Cookie from the numbers I have seen over the last 14 years for whatever reason they seem high.

By the way was that test in 3rd gear or 4th gear?

Cheers.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

LXS your car is looking veeeeeeery nice.

Looks like I'm going to have to pull my car out of the garage where it's sitting and finish the @#$* off :D Oh well... one day...

Happy b'day :beer
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

I cant see why 120 odd looks high for what the car has. It's realy on 20kw over standard, and from what I know about LXS's engine mods, it sounds honest to me.

Does anyone remember our drive last year to Bathurst? I think I remember seeing a Motec brained car slipping away in my rear view mirror :) and that dash powered one didnt pose a threat either :wink:

No offence to the above mentioned friends :)
Ford G6ET 458wkws
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I have offered to arrange a dyno day before and haven't recived much interest. Good to see LxS' result has intensified the amount of people wanting one now :)

I have also suggested a night out at the new WSID (drag track) that has street meets every Wednesday.

Unfortunately, not everyone's car will be ready at the one time, so we will have to make some suggestions as to when people would like to attend and something can be decided upon.

As for LxS, results, I think that they are very good and going over the dyno graph again, I don't think that it is unfeasable.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

StarionChef wrote: Does anyone remember our drive last year to Bathurst? I think I remember seeing a Motec brained car slipping away in my rear view mirror :) and that dash powered one didnt pose a threat either :wink:
I had no fog lights.. I couldn't see through all the smoke. :wink:
10sec_rx7
Newcomer

Post by 10sec_rx7 »

mrb1 wrote:Cookie,
I agree with you the numbers seem a tad high. The ramp tests are good for quick comparsons and changes but I prefer holding it at a given RPM for 4-5 seconds for solid numbers.
However for comparsons among a group of cars the it's the only practical way to test.

My best number with my JA was 169HP @ 1Bar (held number). Stock rebuilt 2.0 (with +1mm oversize standard pistons), No top balance shaft, bottom balance shaft with weights machined off, L300 MPI ,TC06(with Ralliart compressor housing), JD intercooler and pipework, 2.5" exhaust.

10sec_rx7 I'm not having a go at you I'm just agreeing with Cookie from the numbers I have seen over the last 14 years for whatever reason they seem high.

By the way was that test in 3rd gear or 4th gear?

Cheers.
so your car had multi point and a similer turbo?? and it makes 10-15hp more?? thats about all i would expect.....

test was in 4th gear,

StarionChef
i was at bathurst that day in my rx7, i remember seeing all the starions driving around,

Dale
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Remembering

Post by WANTSOM »

remember the Old Pacific Highway cruise day. Cookie leading the way on the return leg, gets to the bottom of the hill just before the Hawkesbury, looks ahead and sees GOTSOM in front. Thats standard injection at work guys
rofl .

Lessons learned from this were - never ever expect Marie to follow the rules and never ever let me give you directions at intersections. And never ever be in the same car when we are "discussing" the issue.

Cheers
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

That was amazing driving by GOTSOM.. I still haven't figure out how she managed it.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

Cookie, smoke? what smoke, hehe. anyway, it was the black one, not the red one :wink:
Ford G6ET 458wkws
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

10sec_rx7,
by the way what's the ramp rate in "shootout mode"? The heads do respond to a bit of a tidy up in the ports.
Cookie we are just not on the money any more :(

Actually Dale I found the MPI gave a LOT better area "under the curve" but reduced the top numbers a tad after 5000 RPM. The MPI flows better but the runners are a bit long and it tends to roll off at the top end.
Anyhow if you had a TBI and an MPI with the same power the MPI car would definitely be quicker point to point.
Anyhow LxS good numbers!

cheers.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

I'll agree with the manifold runners being too long, good design for a bus though...
Ford G6ET 458wkws
10sec_rx7
Newcomer

Post by 10sec_rx7 »

rr in 4cyl shoot out is 101, too low for my liking, i generally use 120-130 depending on the car,

MPI is a much better setup for a street car, for max power the engine doesnt car how the air gets in just as long as it does,

Dale
mrb1 wrote:10sec_rx7,
by the way what's the ramp rate in "shootout mode"? The heads do respond to a bit of a tidy up in the ports.
Cookie we are just not on the money any more :(

Actually Dale I found the MPI gave a LOT better area "under the curve" but reduced the top numbers a tad after 5000 RPM. The MPI flows better but the runners are a bit long and it tends to roll off at the top end.
Anyhow if you had a TBI and an MPI with the same power the MPI car would definitely be quicker point to point.
Anyhow LxS good numbers!

cheers.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Well this thread has certainly made for some interesting conversation.

I would just like to set the record straight - LxS, im sorry if I posted anything that you took offence to. This was certainly not my intention. Sometimes it hard to truly convey what your trying to say and in what manner your saying it purely with text.

With regards to your dyno run: through my own experiences I have my own expectations of what is a reasonable and believable figure. This may or may not align with what other people expect. This disagreement was by no means meant to cast you or your car in a bad light. I hope you understand. And I hope you forgive me.
Black JA
'throw me a frickin' bone here'

Post by Black JA »

Happy belated B'day LxS!! :beer

Love ur car... wanna swap for my narrowbody? :wtf:

Let me know if u change ur mind rofl
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR