US starion makes 569RWHP on 2.6 G54 Pump Fuel

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: US starion makes 569RWHP on 2.6 G54 Pump Fuel

Post by mrb1 »

What a f*&king joke of a dyno run is that. I bet it's a Dynojet POS dyno.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

you never know, needless to say though, it does have some grunt. Plus, many people in the US have gotten the 300-400 RWHP very easily. Well with some money of course.
beetleman
I like starions

Post by beetleman »

nice.. :)very very nice... :)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

F#$kn run that car down the 400m track.....'cause I'll only believe it then :wink:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

damn looking at all them widebodys :(
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Big Hp?

Post by Starion VR4 »

I tend to agree with Mrb1, I heve seen 300-600HP dyno runs & the cars work harder than that! Also finial PSI is not given, we have all heard 20PSI turbos, the noise is quite distink, think this 1 could be furphy. :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I don't inderstand how people instantly dismiss the 2.6 as being incapable of making such high numbers. First let me state that I am a 4G54 fan, but I am in no way defending this particular car or dyno run (I haven't even downloaded the vid).

The 2.6 has the capacity, big ports and a reasonably solid bottom end. Why is it such a stretch for people to conceive that couple the above with a well matched turbo, competent injection, big cam it can make big HP?
I admit it won't have the VE of a 4G63 or RB26, but it still has the cubes to make up for it along with the low down torque that actually gets the car going.

I personally hope that my GT35ed 2.6 will make enough power to make people sit up and smell the roses once sorted.

Cubes count, albeit at the expense of 20kg over a G63.

PS-The stock 2.6t in the widey sucks major arse. It's slow as shit, but gets better fuel economy than a stock JB!
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I concur with MrBishi. A similar argument often arises between the RB30 and the RB26 engines. The RB30 has the additional cubes that allow it to have more torque and power at less revs than the RB26, just like the 4G54 (and 4G64) v 4G63 comparison.

Whilst also not trying to detract from the figure achieved on the dyno run above, the US dynos do read ~20% higher that the most commonly-used dynos in Australia. I would love to see this car run down the 1/4 mile to compare the dyno power indicator with the on-track indicators.

EDIT: Just watched the video. It would have been nice if they actually showed the dyno readout. :roll:
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

MrBishi don't inderstand how people instantly dismiss the 2.6 as being incapable of making such high numbers. First let me state that I am a 4G54 fan, but I am in no way defending this particular car or dyno run
MrBishi, I agree what capacity is allways a winner, and these numbers are achievable, but not given the state of tune of this car/combo. Thts Y i now have 2.4L engine. Just some1 perhaps trying it on? Bloody American Mexicans

quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

mrb1
yeah, the video could've been better.
POS dyno ? Whats next, our 1/4 mile is shorter & our seconds longer ?
Garret pegs the compressor at ~650hp at the crank.
A gt35 @35psi is pretty much maxed out, so what is it about the hp number you can't understand ? Think.
Another 2.6 here also done 500+, same turbo/hi boost.
Of the many 2.6s you've seen with a gt35 blowing 35psi thru them, what hp did they make on a *good* dyno ? You must know.

toysrus
a heavy STREET starquest has run 400m @12.8sec on a 12A turbo, NO spray!!
A heavy STREET 2.6 5speed starquest has run 10.4sec on a STOCK 2.6 camshaft, running a MUCH SMALLER T04B!!

To ALL you haters, put that in ya pipe and smoke it! :)

SMART CAPABLE folks have got the 2.6 to run amazing numbers.
The fools are the ones 'whinning' about it.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

quest we arent necessarily saying the numbers aren't possible, we are saying the readings from a lot of the dynos that you guys in the US use are unrealistic/uncomparable to here as figures on one car in both spots gives an unfair comparison.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/sta ... 1A3B04.htm

haha, he's going through naming the cars... gets to the starion "i don't know what this is"
_

Post by NXTIME »

quest, to be fair, and to put things in perspective, considering how many Staquests are actually in the US and how much aftermarket gear, development and research potential there is over there, there seem to be only a handful of big HP cars (such as the one above) there; this is a drop in the ocean, relatively speaking.

With this much power, this car should be running 10's and be in the 130+ MPH TS area.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

hp

Post by Starion VR4 »

A side note, if that car made 569RWHP? allowing for 1/4 power drain in the drive train, that would make power at the flyweel about 710HP? APC evo has made 700 with 200 shoy of nos, I saw this car on the dyno & it barked, we have all seen it run at the fast 4 & rotary shootout at QR last year where it ran a 8.78s pass. The video is just 2 unrealastic. :beer :beer