which management?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

It comes down to who is doing the tuning.

Marie's car is running Motec M4pro and its great. The track car is using an old Haltech E6A.

For what its worth, the Motec gives you many many variables to suit your car's set up and has great resolution (incremental changes). The Haltech does the job on the track car and is old. The newer ones have more outputs and options.

My choice between the two - HALTECH. Much easier to get a handle on and very easy to use. and only $1300.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

RiceThief wrote:Which ems you choose should depend on who you are getting to tune the car. Theres no point choosing a particular ecu then having your tuner use your car to practice using the ems you choose.
Thats the best advise :wink:

Ash
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
evoJB
I like starions more

Post by evoJB »

Duly noted, have a tuner for each in mind as the car has to go about 200ks on a trailer to get home, it's not an issue of choosing a tuner, there are about 10 on the way, split between each.
I want what will be best in the long run, i have a microtech that is being sold, dont want to have to do that again, either of these 2 ems will do the job but 1 will be better than the other.
My mechanic likes one and APC likes the other, i'm still deciding.
Starion Powered By EVO
220.5kw/atw
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

ecu

Post by Starion VR4 »

Remember, U yrself will also have to do some adjustment, EG in winter cold start, idle control, ignition etc even after U have it tuned. There4 some ECU that is knowen by U or U find it easy to use, If u have 2 keep going back 2 the tuner It will cost alot more than doing it yr self. Most tuners only spend minial time on the trival stuff & concenterate on boost tuneing so as not to demage yr engine. :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

well i`m fairly impartial to both the wolf 3d ver4 and the haltech E6X having fitted both before, the only real difference between the 2 as far as mapping them goes is that the load versus rpm scales are 90 degrees around from each other. other main differences have already been mentioned..

but it looks like we`ll be able 2 retain the microtech thats currently fitted now so its all good!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
evoJB
I like starions more

Post by evoJB »

Thanks for that guys, we are going to move the engine forewards now, so maybe i can afford to pay redzone now without a new computer as well, all very valuable input, will be kept in mind when i've got some more money.
Starion Powered By EVO
220.5kw/atw