Speakers n subs

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

i joined RACQ it was easier or i call Redzone towing sunshine coast
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

gary has a FULL SIZE SPARE TYRE! but he doesn`t have a spare tyre in his starion, only the one hanging over his belt.... rofl

u cant afford my towing gary! :D
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

chunkhead wrote:Where can you buy these Space Saver wheels? The wheel place I got my Alloys from couldn't help me!
S13 silvias and possibly the 180sx come with space savers, i think bluebirds have space savers too.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Right... so do they fit the Starion or was that just a reference answer!? :D
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

no they fit, same stud pattern and offset doesnt matter as they are space savers.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
starion007
Big Dorifto

Post by starion007 »

If you want subs and still keep your boot you can put a 10 inch in each rear quater panel beside the rear seat. There is a hole already cut in the metal to accommodate a 6 inch . If you make the hole biggger say 8 inch and pack the sub out with a spacer you will be able to fit a 10 inch in. You will also have to cut some of the sponge out of the trim. Not as good a job as a proper box but will be hidden.
I did this with 2 hifonics 10 inch subs. I also beefed up the parcel tray with some ply and used 2 alpine 3 way 6x9 s.

It sounded good but if you really want awesome sound you need to spend big $$$ and go for an enclosure and loose the boot.
THE QUEST , THE SEARCH
THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!!!
mrmonk
Big Dorifto

Post by mrmonk »

i dont know how you guys can even fit a sub in yours i got a 10inch blaupunk sub and it does not fit anywhere but on the left side of the spare tire. so all i'm gonna do is make a new parcel shelf and put the 10inch in there with the 6x9's and then screw down a box sarounding the sub underneath to make sure no air gets out of anywhere besides the port hole hope it looks sweet as if not i'll just replace it...
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

mrmonk wrote:i dont know how you guys can even fit a sub in yours i got a 10inch blaupunk sub and it does not fit anywhere but on the left side of the spare tire. so all i'm gonna do is make a new parcel shelf and put the 10inch in there with the 6x9's and then screw down a box sarounding the sub underneath to make sure no air gets out of anywhere besides the port hole hope it looks sweet as if not i'll just replace it...
For starions fitted with a space saver tyre, a 12" sub enclosure can be made to fit between the suspension posts that also fits under the parcel tray. I should really charge up my camera batteries. Wonder where I put that charger... anyway I made it so there is also enough room to mount the amp on there too (which I'm told by car-audio-folk is a big no-no, however this isnt exactly $$$ install here).

If there is a need for measurements let me know and I'll get off my ass.

Biggest problem with fitting a space saver to a standard Starion boot, is that you need a different carpet or new carpet. The jappas dont have that rise in the middle - they just have flat carpet.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
digitalsko
I've been here before

Post by digitalsko »

as long as you dont want to use your boot for anything else, a 12" should fit fine, even 2 12's. depends on the size of the sub too. (not diameter but how deep the sub is) Ill be making a box eventually for my 12". i have a box already that sits ontop of the factory spare tyre but its too small for my new sub. If anyone is interested i mite post photos.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

you can get 2x12 inch subs in a boot of a starion and a normal size spare tyre no problem it can be done.
pro gsr
Big Dorifto

speakers & subs

Post by pro gsr »

i just made a rear parcel shelf out of 12mm mdf board used the original as a template. had an old parcel shelf screwed the hinge to the new parcel shelf. fitted 6x9's & a 12inch sub in the centre.
6 inch sony x-plod's in the front doors.

sounds good too
mitsubishi starion jd 1985, factory intercooler,
custom stainless intercooler pipe work,to4 compressor wheel,10 psi boost,boost controller, 2 & half inch exhaust with stainless muffler 4 inch tip, 15 inch mags
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

this is from a few years ago... well, 3 or 4 now! It's been sitting under my bed since i got the space saver. Took me a couple of days to make, never done something of the sort before that one. Has some funky hinges to get it in, and matches all the lines of the boot and spare tire... something i wouldn't have the patience to do anymore!

_