Speakers n subs

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

i have 4x HCCA amps, Orion 30 band digital equalizer, Fusion power cap, Clarion 7 band crossover unit, Clarion head unit with 12 stacker, 2x Orion HCCA 10 inch subs, 4x Orion mb8inch drivers in the doors, Focal utopia 4 inch mid ranges in the kicks and Focal TLR tweeters in the a pillars.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

chunkhead wrote:I wouldn't waste my time nor energy on a Sub for the Starion! It would probably sound shithouse with the lack of a boot anyway! Get a decent amp and a good set of speakers and you'll be fine!
chunky please tell me ur kidding! or maybe u meant it would sound shite putting a "free air" sub in the parcel shelf?? i`ve got a 15 inch rockford fosgate punch in mine in a 2 cubic ft sealed box powered by an alpine v12 mrv400, sounds sweet as. but even a 8 or 10 inch bass tube (good brand one that is) will kick hard in a staz and not cost 2 much.

and dims i run the main power cable from the battery thus:

nice multi outlet terminal into 0 guage cable,4 inches,main fuse in proper fuse holder,0 guage cable routed down to air con drain tube hole goes thru the grommet then along the trans tunnel to the amp. there`s a multitude of other wiring grommets in the firewall u can use if u dont wanna go thru the a/c one....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

stereo

Post by Glen GSR III »

$25000 or $25? mate theres not that much gear there for $25000...
Even with custom instal thats a lot of money
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

amps $6000 Eq $3000 crossover $1500 tweeters $1,600 4 inch speakers $500 8 inch subs $1000 10 inch subs $1500 power cap $500 head unit and stacker $2500 battery $500 Alternator $700 wires $1000 $5000 worth of install how close are we
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Well, I've got 2 x 15" Rockford subs in the back of my Staz. I couldn't live without them. Only running off a 500 x 2 Rockford amp.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Yeah, I meant in the shelf! Without some decent mods, they're just not going to fit with the box! You could drop the rear seats down and have it facing out though!!!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

On the note of Rockford Fosgate, I had a pair of 12" HE2's in my Integra (long ago now) which was similar in boot shape to a Starion.

I could only afford a 500X amp, and that did the front speakers too, which meant each sub had a measily 53.5W RMS (according to the birth cert) to work with. This was crystal clear, and provided more than enough bass to set off nearby car alarms. Its amazing what quality equipment can do. This is why kit spent $25K, you dont win SQL comps with a $500 setup.

I also had a pair of cheap 12" Sony's, with access to 150W RMS each, I ended up just pulling them back out.

Also if you're going the no-sub routine, you need to check Frequency Response. I have Alipine Type-R's up front, I had to get pods made up just to fit them in the Starion door (magnet way too big), anyway they're designed to be complimented with a sub-woofer, no sub means I get more bass from my $69 Sony's that run off the headdeck but I do get awesome mid and high range up front :)

Digital Designs (reputable SPL company) make a 6.5" bass woofer, which people may find desirable for a Starion. I will never cut a Starion parcel tray.

On another note, I worked out the wiring for our pretty noise box under the passenger seat. So those of you with a J-spec Staz and no beepy-beepy-da-beep-beep should keep an eye out for it shortly. I just need to write it down.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
dims
I like starions

Post by dims »

SIR GSR wrote:Well, I've got 2 x 15" Rockford subs in the back of my Staz. I couldn't live without them. Only running off a 500 x 2 Rockford amp.
whAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the fuk can u guys fit that shit in, i barely had enough room putting in my 10", i had to take the amp off the box n shit. i wanna see pics.

Oh chunkhead, the 10" response sub im runnin now sounds fucking sick :D just got to stop all those damn rattles in the boot!
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Spacer saver wheel, and the "space-saver" Starion boot trim :)
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

it depends on what you want my kit car i went all out and the jb i spent $700 with new parcel tray ecplise 6x9 and ecplise 6 inch 3 ways in the doors and an ecplise high powered cd player its sounds great for $700 but thats my cost price you have to set a budget and stick to it a simple set up for a starion would be a 4 chanel amp 10 inch sub cd player and 6 inch splits to get any decent quality you need to spend at least $2,500 good luck i used to judge sound quality for Internation audio sound car association I.A.S.C.A i was the head audio judge for the australian finals last held in sydney every year i hold a audio competion at Maroochy car sound usually in october and also one for the rotary club of mooloolaba all are welcome dates shortly if you want some serious advice from someone that has spent over $50,000 on audio systems in the last 10 years i am happy to help pm me if you want.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

kit wrote:it depends on what you want my kit car i went all out and the jb i spent $700 with new parcel tray ecplise 6x9 and ecplise 6 inch 3 ways in the doors and an ecplise high powered cd player its sounds great for $700 but thats my cost price you have to set a budget and stick to it a simple set up for a starion would be a 4 chanel amp 10 inch sub cd player and 6 inch splits to get any decent quality you need to spend at least $2,500 good luck i used to judge sound quality for Internation audio sound car association I.A.S.C.A i was the head audio judge for the australian finals last held in sydney every year i hold a audio competion at Maroochy car sound usually in october and also one for the rotary club of mooloolaba all are welcome dates shortly if you want some serious advice from someone that has spent over $50,000 on audio systems in the last 10 years i am happy to help pm me if you want.
, and . are your friends.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

woops i'm lazy
dims
I like starions

Post by dims »

rofl rofl rofl
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Got a full size spare.....
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Where can you buy these Space Saver wheels? The wheel place I got my Alloys from couldn't help me!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available