widebody motor high comp high cam spec

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
starion.gsrvr
OoOhhh BabY

widebody motor high comp high cam spec

Post by starion.gsrvr »

just seeing if anyone wants this motor 70K from new offered to kit but he asleep i think or dreaming of allure girls..it is free but 1 catch it in uk in my mothers shed i dont want to keep for spare now just want room for my moms gardening tools.shipping will cost bout 500au so price some people want for block. oh 2.0 litre 4g63...also wide gbox struts etc .no forget struts must give to jack..loads if u wanna ship new chassis legs inner wings rear inner quarters.interior. doing trip in 2 weeks 2uk so can ship.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Mate I asked you a while back for some black door skins, are these still available?
starion.gsrvr
OoOhhh BabY

motor

Post by starion.gsrvr »

hi jrod i remember these door trims but i in aussie at the moment and just so hard from here to find as i dont have these gotta find,looks like i going back soon not forgotten...thanks
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I would have picked it up in a second but unfortunately its a 2.0litre. Not a 2.6. :x
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

you no the 2 litre is the way 2.6 litres are 2 slow
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

hey steve those inner guards chassis sections etc are they all new old stock mitsubishi parts?? what do u want for them?

and woody not being silly or anything but you know you`d be better off with a 4G63 than the 2.6, if only for the handling benefits if nothing else.. u really should consider it!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I have heard that the 2.6 has much more torque.

But that aside, I am happy with the results that the US guys are getting.

Also, means I would have to have my Custom Exhaust Manifold redone, and I can't afford that. Not only that, my gear box is bigger then the 2.0 engines. And I like the bigger Clutch.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

redzone and i love seeing you in our revision mirrors
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

for a start the gear box is the same size as a 2 litre narrow the 2 litre wide body is a bigger gear box and also the clutch is the same size where are you getting this information from
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

88/89 2.6s have the strongest box of all. Easily identified by the cast ally lower plate opposed to the pressed tin plate on earlier starions.
The 88/89 2.6s do indeed also have a larger diameter clutch, whilst maintaining the same ring-gear diameter. This is gleaned from the starquest.com forums - so I do beleive that woody is correct.
Where are you getting your info from gary?

Woody - don't listen to the naysayers - stick to the 2.6. Easy reliable HP & low end torque. Both motors are capable of making more power than the stock drivetrain can handle.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

ok well lets have the truth the ally plate was a trick on the group a 2 litre x track gear box 2 look like a cooler but actually had forks to hold gear shafts from spreading. The pressure plate on the clutch can't get any bigger because it goes right to the edge of the box
the 2.6 starion is like a rattly magna its 2 heavy and under steers every one that gets on hear and they think they know about starions i have spent close to $100,000 on starions in the last 7 years i have found out a little knowledge in that time and no my daddy did not pay for it owning 4.
Also Anthony you are not pissed at me for not buying your jb for $8k because i picked one up for a $1k with the D60 option mint interior great mags with new tyres and you know i'm only having fun
starion.gsrvr
OoOhhh BabY

motor

Post by starion.gsrvr »

hi redzone.guards are NOS but will cost heaps to send better to wait till i send another car thats waiting .they free just maybe some customs bullshit.
gary u right about gearboxes and the fake cooler cos i had 1 in jacks shell.but dunno how fast ur car is come out thursday if u like well see.and also agree 2.6 is all talk.
and anyway this is about who wants engine......
starion.gsrvr
OoOhhh BabY

motor

Post by starion.gsrvr »

hi redzone.guards are NOS but will cost heaps to send better to wait till i send another car thats waiting .they free just maybe some customs bullshit.
gary u right about gearboxes and the fake cooler cos i had 1 in jacks shell.but dunno how fast ur car is come out thursday if u like well see.and also agree 2.6 is all talk.
and anyway this is about who wants engine......
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

geez look what happens when i make a friendly suggestion... all hell breaks loose!

all i`m saying is that when i eventually do bring in a yank widebody myself, the first thing i`ll be doing is junking the boat anchor 2.6 and putting the much lighter much more responsive and less truck like 4G63 in. i mean u gotta look at the reasons mitsubishi put the 2.6 in:

A: wank factor - bigger motor :wanker

B: emission controls strangled the 2.0 - in the heavier widey they needed all the bottom end they could get 2 haul its fat ass around. not a problem for the 2.0 with the technology available today though. and if ya want cubes - hello 4G64......

C: they wanted it to handle like an american car so they needed more weight up the front... LOL

and as far as the yanks getting good hp out of the 4G54 astron, man u can get a frikkin volkswagen beetle doing low 10`s in street trim these days u can do that to any car any motor really, but the chain drive 4G54 is a longer heavier engine that puts more weight in front of the axle line therefore making it handle like an american car and has a LOT LESS performance parts available off the shelf CHEAP! it might be financially viable to do it in the states but not so over here.. and look at what engine`s in the buschur racing car.. i see no chains there!

i know u wouldnt be able 2 do it now woody but all i`m saying is in the future i wouldn`t plan on spending mega bucks on the astron sure little things here n there all good but if u want your car to be the best it can be then u cant go past the legendary 4G63.

i mean if the astron was so good then the lancer evolutions etc would have a twin cam version of the astron in em wouldn`t they! they wouldn`t have developed the 4G63 like they have. a 24 year (and counting) engine lifespan where the basic architecture remains unchanged is amazing in this day and age...

look to the uk and to japan where the very limited run 2 litre widebody`s are by far the most sought after examples.

i rest my case. thats my opinion anyways! :beer
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

HEY KIT! i didnt know you were in brisbane! i would love to see your car one day!
Khan
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more