I thing- one injector dont work...

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
ivailo76
[L] Plates

I thing- one injector dont work...

Post by ivailo76 »

Hi.I have JB Starion 2.0 1983 and I get pulled out the injectors when car work and see - only one injector is working.Also when cranking and the two injectors are in my hand - only one work.Also when i purhased the car - the red cables from the injectors was split together.But the car run OK.Is the second injector work when car run more RPM or Boost?
Rogercordia
I like starions

dfgfr

Post by Rogercordia »

Bottom line is,if you bolt everything back up,injector plugs on injectors,idle the car,if its perfect well so be it,disconnect a plug ,if engine stalls dat means its working,do for both injectors.
senior ding dong.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Ok roger, you really don't read anything anyone writes do you? His question was whether the injectors work both together or if they are staged and the secondary will start firing over a certain load.

I believe it is staged injection, but the best way to confirm this is to check the manual that is linked at the top of the page.

Hope that helps.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I'm pretty sure freestyler is onto it, I believe the second injector kicks in with the turbo.
Rogercordia
I like starions

frgf

Post by Rogercordia »

NO NO NO NO NO.theres no bloody way thats right,Listen i disconnected, which is throttlebody injection 2 injectors,i disconnected 1 injector the car stalls it cannot run with only 1 injector.

Sirus 2 litre with only 1 injector offboost,please.
senior ding dong.
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

roger you fucking knobhead, not only do you not know what you are talking about, you dont read what other knowledgeable people have to offer.

starions did come with staged injection, ie one smaller injector and one big injector. apparently its meant to make the car run smoother on boost, fuel efficiency or some shit.

on a conquest faq i read somewhere, it says 'what happens if my car runs fine up until xxxx rpm and the car coughs and splutters' answer 'the secondary injector may not be working'.
gordonspec® racing
ivailo76
[L] Plates

Post by ivailo76 »

So how can I check with multimeter the connectors of the injectors?I want to see the signals from the ECU are right.I know there are connector 1 - from ECU and connector 2 from control relay.But want to check is the voltage are right.I have yelow- black and yelow red cables form injectors.But who cable is for ECU and who for the relay- I dont know.And want to know the cable from ECU- is + or - .
ivailo76
[L] Plates

Post by ivailo76 »

Next week I will disconnect the injector who dont work when i am at idle (he is in my hand and dont work even I rise the RPM from the accelerator cabel),and will run the car.Will see what happen and will write here.If no change with boost and with the car... whats happen - with one injector i make 0.6 bar and 1/4 for 17.6 sec.No I dont believe...
Starion EVO
Lil' Dorifto

Post by Starion EVO »

The 2,6 engine 87-89 has staged injection. It has one smaller injector appr. 580cc and one bigger appr. 1000cc. The smaller one runs on low rpm and loads.

The 2,6 engine from-86 and before has two identical injectors on appr. 550cc. They open alternately. The signal is 12v posetive with the ground signal from the ECU. The pulse that the injector gets is a "pulse width modulated" signal at 13-14Hz. Both injectors are open the same amount of time and and deliver the same amount of fuel.

However in your case with a 2,0 -83 I am not guite sure, I think it is the type with identical injectors, then you don't have a staged injection. Have you meassured the resistance on the injectors? To meassure the voltage signal to the injectors you are best of using a ocsiloscope, wich not all of us have....

Do you know that the eletrical connectors on the Starion injectors are a common problem? Oxidation is very common.

I own one of appr. 40 Starions in Sweden :D
BMW 750 Twin turbo -88
Starion 4G63T -86
BMW 750 V12 -96
BMW 525i -91