Why the Starion will ALWAYS be slower than the Cordia :P

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

even I can't figure that out............. :wtf:

OH, hang on, wasn't there only a 2 Starion cruise or meet in Perth or was that Brisbane ?
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Well there was a 2 Starion meet in Wellington NZ, and I ended up buying the other car, so its kind of a daily thing now that I own both.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

For what it's worth , you don't need as much road as you think to reach those sorts of speeds , if the car's capable. You only need to watch one of the many Videos around of Lemans etc. As for real experience , when I lived in Japan we used to go watch the 300kmh speed trials where they would basically race street registered cars from a standing start up to 300kmh and the winner was obviously whoever was quickest . These were all GTR Skylines at that time but I guess the point I want to make is that the SLOWEST of these cars were doing 10 sec. 1/4 miles and all had around 1000hp . Yes a Cordia is a lot lighter than a GTR but.....it's been fun reading this thread :D
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Your welcome :P

Please feel free to read the FWD thread also (http://austarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4737) :D
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Also today, was on the new highway from Port Adelaide to Salisbury.......the clutch wouldn't grip over 150km/hr :x

Not happy JAN :glare:

Now I understand why AXELR8 went back to Xtreme to get his clutch re-done......mine is the 4 Puck, HD PP one aswell :cry:
NGAPLZ
Newcomer

Post by NGAPLZ »

was very funny to read
when or if you ever build a monster like this pm me so we can race
i have a couple of cars that would give you a good run and if you beat me there is 10000 waiting if you dont i take the car
dosing machine on 30 psi
and 25psi 4 banger
ja boy
I like starions more

Post by ja boy »

people who drive cordias are people who just cant afford to buy a real car like a starion
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

NGAPLZ...are you actually a contributing member of this forum? Seems like an odd way to start posting, offering 10k to race someone on the forum for slips...
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Rogercordia
I like starions

Post by Rogercordia »

ja boy wrote:people who drive cordias are people who just cant afford to buy a real car like a starion
oh yeah,show me what a real car is like down the quatre,i pressume you have a real car,well if you like ill come down with my mild white cordia and you can prove to us what a real car is
senior ding dong.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Ok a real car roger, doesn't need to prove itself down the quater or "quatre" as you call it. A real car turns into corners and goes through mountain passes.

Someday in the future you will realise that your life is not meant to be lived a quatre mile at a time. Until then, just get two of the big ones and go back into your hole. It was nice when you weren't posting crap roger.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

A real car is more than going down the drag strip in a straight line, but wait you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Well i`ll add my 2 cents worth! I reckon the best way 2 tell which car is faster is 2 look at the production car group e results from when they were both new? What was that? Starions dominated and won the production class for like 4 years in a row? Starion was mitsubishi`s weapon of choice for motorsport until the galant vr4 came along? Dinta Officer won the 1984 australian rally championship in a starion aswell didn`t he? Correct me if i`m wrong?? And as far as the whole cordia is a faster car in a straight line thing goes thats only true for a DEAD STOCK car, a mildly modified starion will whip a mildly modified cordia any day of the week.. (stirs up hornets nest) just look at mine for example! Stock computer, stock tc06 turbo, stock single point injection, stock exhaust manifold :D

Me thinks the reason for the cordia being 3 tenths quicker in a straight line when brand new and totally standard is more due 2 the TALL 3.5:1 diff ratio the staz was equipped as opposed to the weight difference issue, compared to 3.9 or 4.1 for the cordial? As far as the more extreme examples go, any cordia`s out there as quick as the buschur racing starion (still 4G63 powered by the way)?

Anyways hope i havn`t offended 2 many cordia owners here (oops) but just thought i`d have my say after sitting back and sniggering 4 a while.. :beer

p.s. a saying that comes 2 mind: front wheel drive - the more power u have, the less u can use it! :twisted:

p.p.s. yes i have owned a front wheel drive car (1992 N14 pulsar SSS) and yes i`ve driven cordia`s... :naughty
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

I own an example of both cars (AB cordia and JD stazza) id pick the Starion anyday... Starion is a much nicer car to drive.Plus look at the equipment levels standard in the Starion compared to a Cordia,, alot of the stuff like Powersteering is optional.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

redzone wrote:
Me thinks the reason for the cordia being 3 tenths quicker in a straight line when brand new and totally standard is more due 2 the TALL 3.5:1 diff ratio the staz was equipped as opposed to the weight difference issue, compared to 3.9 or 4.1 for the cordial?
The cordia is quicker in a straight line because it's a couple hundred kg's lighter

Flame flame flame :P
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

RiceThief wrote:A real car is more than going down the drag strip in a straight line, but wait you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.

LMAO! rofl
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P