computers and multiport (starion-lancer)

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
R3D
[L] Plates

computers and multiport (starion-lancer)

Post by R3D »

hiya fellas you guys have probably been flooded with same questions.... overe and over, but i gotta ask (to lazy to search) i just bought a 1980 crysler/mitsu lancer which has been decked out with a 2ltr starion motor (apparently it bolted straight in and only had 60'000 on the clock when it was converted)

and there aint alot of room under the bonnet now (holy shit i miss power steering.......) but im just getting around to doing a few mods to the engine, i picked up and apexi power intake pod filter for cheap of a mate and i know that i gotta get a new comp so i can piss the airflow meter off to install it...

ppl seem to know what there doing round here... so whats a decent computer at a decent price? heard few thing on here about wolf but im on a budget...

and ive read alot or stuff about switching the original manifold with the l300, ive seen diff throttlebody types in pics like the long round unit (ford xf i gather) and l300 are theres others?

so whats the best model to get and what do you guys recommend in types of throttle bodies, injecters and dizzy's or what ever :/

and is that all i would need comp, intake manifold, injecters, fuelrail and dizzy any thing else besides time and money ? :P

and how much have you guys spent with new computer and multiport conversion?

btw some pic of my baby

no pics of under the bonnet yet
Last edited by R3D on Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I love that shape of car, always thought a starion motor would go quite nicely into one. If you looking for info in NZ at all, they're called a "Celeste" over here.

Talk to your workshop about the computer, go with whatever they have the most experience tuning. Budget $3k for an MPI conversion i would say.
typer
Big Dorifto

Post by typer »

Nice car man !!
Mitsubishi Starion '87
Mitsubishi Starion '87
Toyota Corolla '94
2000_turbo
Big Dorifto

Post by 2000_turbo »

In Europe the car is called Celeste! It is a very rare car here! Never seen the car with skirts and with that color! Nice car mate!!

Gr,

Martijn.
R3D
[L] Plates

Post by R3D »

i can get a gready e-manage for a decent price.... would that be ok for ecu???
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Isn't e-manage just a piggy back ecu? Surely for a few dollars more you can get a proper aftermarket ECU.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

i have seen a few of those lancers with starion motors in them only with twin carbies. piggy back computers you can only have problems don't use the injection from the starion you will only have problems to so many problems build your own injection by useing a L300 manifold
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

heres photo's of my injection
and i use a haltec e6X computer
JD
I like starions

Post by JD »

nice lancer dude
looks awesome :shock:

And Kit that is insane :shock: :shock:
R3D
[L] Plates

Post by R3D »

kit wrote:heres photo's of my injection
and i use a haltec e6X computer
wow nice job! what kind throttle body is that? and how much was the ecu?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

its a 65mm xf falcon throttle body, 4lt custom plenum on a 2.4 L300 multipoint manifold. e6x cost $1700 when we bought it, cheaper now ($1350) laptop tune only,but u would probably be best 2 use a wolf 3d version 4 they`re only $1095(laptop) or $1395 with hand controller have an in built map sensor are a good thing or maybe an ems stinger 4424(inbuilt map sensor) they`re a little cheaper. dont bother with an e manage ur better off with an australian system! dont bother with a microtech they`re notoriously unreliable and a pain in the ass!! :x of course u can find cheaper stuff second hand, but personally i`d buy a wolf without the hand control..... :beer
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

p.s. my opinion: bugger off the 1980`s style skirts and 13 inch delta mags drop it on its guts with a set of dished simmons or something that`d look sweeeeeeeet
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
R3D
[L] Plates

Post by R3D »

so is there a plenum that will fit or roughly fit? or will i have to get one made?

btw the wheels are getting the arse next week... i got $1500 to spend thinking along the lines of ROH they got some good styles and i can haggle dads mate down... :P
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

this is gonna sound dumb, do prepare to bag me. But by the time you set it up for MPI and comp, wouldn't he be better off getting a VR4 - Evo front half-cut. that way he gets, MPI, DOHC and computer with a 220HP motor, with some spares he can sell on ebay.

Cheers Dave
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

yeah, and it will just bolt in.

:D:D:D
rofl
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T