The cost of having a WRX under my belt

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

How did u diagnose the blown headgasket on cyl 1 roger?
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

fool, no1 smells different to the rest.... :wtf:
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

rofl at least he didnt blow number 2...that could have been a smelly affair
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
nashstyle
I've been here before

Post by nashstyle »

I think today is the hardest Ive laughed in December, some wee even came out. Roger, I'd like you to come back to Cordiapower.com that place is so boring now...No, wait, can you join MCCR, those guys will make LOTS of fun of you, go join and post there http://forums.melbccr.com
BTW, are you related to b00f in any way?
I liek to flutter.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

be thankful he didnt blow both no 1 and no 2 that would have been a messy cleanup :o
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Rogercordia
I like starions

gfrg

Post by Rogercordia »

Unfortunatly it was the dyno cruise to wollies,there was me the galant vr4 and a galant gsr,anyway when he had the problem we pulled over,we talked,looked,we initially thought,it was a turbo water seal,but it still had a big engine miss,white smoke coverd the highway on start up.

What we did was we ,after getting my tools out,the guy took the spark plugs out 1 by 1,number 1 cylinder had visable water floating on top of piston,the rest were fine,lookind down the rocker cover we caould see the clear water,shaked the car and there was just water swirling around.

But this is my theory-if it didnt happen then it would happed somwhere else,hi boost top gear,it couldave happen at the drags,or on the dyno,lucky it was only 30 kms into the hume hiway instead of wollies,as i could only imagine wat a tow cost would be.

Also i believe dead set-5th gear-185kms/h-20 psi would end up in a blown engine.can you imagine what that will be like on the dyno.the stress on the engine.

I backed off at 150kms/hour do to neutralising,
senior ding dong.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

I like totally drew in the sigma with a bicylist the other day down anzac highway... do you recon its because he had 21 gears and i only have 5 roger?

how can i get his gears into my car so i can beat him?

kthxbi
1983 JA Staz
Rogercordia
I like starions

Post by Rogercordia »

so how can i get his gears into my car so i can beat him?

[/quote]Get a g62
senior ding dong.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Much more fun with a G63! And we can still easily thrash your 14 secs times! Why can't you spell yet Roger? Hang on, are you even old enough to drive!? The bad spelling, the insane childish ramblings, it's becoming clear...! Does your dad know you've been driving his car!?
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
Entaran
I love starions

Re: gfrg

Post by Entaran »

Rogercordia wrote:Unfortunatly it was the dyno cruise to wollies,there was me the galant vr4 and a galant gsr,anyway when he had the problem we pulled over,we talked,looked,we initially thought,it was a turbo water seal,but it still had a big engine miss,white smoke coverd the highway on start up.

What we did was we ,after getting my tools out,the guy took the spark plugs out 1 by 1,number 1 cylinder had visable water floating on top of piston,the rest were fine,lookind down the rocker cover we caould see the clear water,shaked the car and there was just water swirling around.

But this is my theory-if it didnt happen then it would happed somwhere else,hi boost top gear,it couldave happen at the drags,or on the dyno,lucky it was only 30 kms into the hume hiway instead of wollies,as i could only imagine wat a tow cost would be.

Also i believe dead set-5th gear-185kms/h-20 psi would end up in a blown engine.can you imagine what that will be like on the dyno.the stress on the engine.

I backed off at 150kms/hour do to neutralising,
First off *SIIIIGH* but i'm bored.

1. Just about every modified galant (especially galant vr4/gsr pair) are either on clubvr4 or team4g. There's been ZERO mention of any blown headgaskets lately.

2. GVR4 headgaskets are proven to hold 24psi boost or around 240 AWKW without changing them. I don't see how it'd blow at random.

3. Stock head GVR4's pushing over 200kw @ all four wheels runing 24 or more PSI boost through GT30R don't blow up. No forged internals, no other bullshit. Just a pair of 272/272 cams.

4. VR4 has no specific "meaning" It's mitsubishi terminology for 4 wheel everything, steering, independent suspension, drive, abs, etc.

5. Every vr4 i've ever driven or been in (including my own) will pull solidly in 5th at 15psi or more without even a hint of hesitation or problems. I don't see how this "overstresses" the engine.

6. This post was completely in vain as roger doesn't understand the concept that his cordia(s) are shit.