What Petrol do you run???

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

always Mobil 8000, or bp if i cant get mobil.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

Alspos wrote:BTW How big is a starion fuel tank again cos my gauge was nearly below the E line and it took 66 litres. If you can supposedly fit 75 does that mean you have to fill up the filler neck and everything?
dont worry i put 72l in mine a couple of months ago and the car wasnt even getting feul surges b4 i filled up allthough my fuel pump was quite loud...

my finding is that if you run the car on 91 octain fuel you end up getting more km's out of a tank i had been getting around 320-350 on a full tank of ultimate but when i changed to using the normal stuff im now getting around 400-450

bigmoz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

i used to get about 350km to a full tank - that was running 13-14psi but it didnt seem to change when i ran 7psi :x perhaps it was the supra mk i fuel pump that was the problem :D

there is no way the starion tank is 75 litres, i dont care what it says in the manual - i ran the car completely out of gas on callout one day and JUST managed to roll into the servo and it wouldnt take more than 66 litres or so.

perhaps there were different model tanks?
gordonspec® racing
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Shell 95 at the moment. Cars seem to like it.

When/If I start playing boosties, I'll move to Caltex's 98. Only choices here are 91/95 and 98. 98 normally only found at Caltex, and we dont have them everywhere, so 95 is just my choice for convenience.

All of my Starions had or have 75L tanks. My girlfriend was driving the white one instead of her MX5, and thinking nothing of it, hit the 'FILL' button at the pump. hehe I can guarantee she wont do that again.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Fuel

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

I run 95Octane Premium as its the best currently available in my town. Although there have been rumours of higher octane comnig..

Ive never ran it on normal Unleaded.. Should try it as mine was designed for unleaded.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Miss GSR
Big Dorifto

Post by Miss GSR »

Bp ultimate its the only place im able to fuel up at
Slippery when boosting!!
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

I thought starions had a 68L fuel tank
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Starion_Turbo wrote:I thought starions had a 68L fuel tank
I will consult the manual.

Edit: It has been consulted.

Also this explains why the EX feels kind of snappy :)

1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

You mean to say that we are meant to be running LRP (super) in our cars??

Oops.....Does that mean we are meant to put in the Flashlube stuff too?
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
honest_jim
Dorifto!

Post by honest_jim »

mine says 97+ inside the petrol flap so i just run it on optimax. my old s12 silvia said the same on the flap too.
Starion 2000 EX.. bosch fuel pump, sard dumpvalve, knN drilled air box, Haltech F5 + 2 injectors, turbosmart FCD + Dual stage boost controller, tublar turbo header, turbo back 2.5" stainless exhaust 4.5" tip, Innovate MS wideband A/F meter.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

SIR GSR wrote:You mean to say that we are meant to be running LRP (super) in our cars??

Oops.....Does that mean we are meant to put in the Flashlube stuff too?
Starions have hardened valve seals from factorfy, which means, they run fine on unleaded :) I'm using Unleaded 95 at the moment.

I've found 95, 96 and 98 octane to be good and that they don't like 91 very much.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Far out does the EX come with 290NM stock?
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:Far out does the EX come with 290NM stock?
Its quite impressive to drive I'll say that. Watercooled TC06-11 + intercooler + no emissions crap + Type B injection and computer. All adds up I guess.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

BP Ultimate, never tried 91 ron, too scared :D , I think I tried 95 premium once and did notice some power decrease....
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
speddie
[L] Plates

Post by speddie »

My cordia runs 95 Octane

Its a AC with the AB Fuel setup(ECU, AFM and Injectors). Runs on 9psi just fune.

I have never tried on 91, and dont think i ever will (i hate premium prices) because the AB was designed for Leaded, thats 96 or 97 octane.