boost sensor

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
MrBtchy
[P] Plates

boost sensor

Post by MrBtchy »

I've just finished putting a 4G63t into my car and i don't know where the vacuum line from the boost sensor goes to. I've used the search feature but haven't managed to find anything so could someone please tell me? The engine in question from what i've read on here is a little different from the aussie delivered ones although i'm not even too sure about that.
it's a 1985 NZ new sigma GSR engine, so it was FWD but i have converted it to RWD with exhaust and inlet manifold from a 1982 jap spec sapporo. It has the T bar style injection(type B maybe??) which i had a copper gasket made up to mate the injection(FWD) and manifold(RWD). it doesn't use a map sensor.
at the moment i have the vacuum advance hose going to the bottom of the throttle body on the front (looking from the front of the car) connection of the two. when i got the engine the bost vacuum line was connected to the air can..i don't know if this is right or where it's meant to go.
somebody help please

shirwan.
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

If you're talking about the line to the MAP sensor, it comes off the inlet manifold from the firewall side, just next to the fitting for the heater hose
MrBtchy
[P] Plates

Post by MrBtchy »

there is no map sensor and being a FWD engine changed to RWD not everything has gone in to the engine bay like a starion(i wish it had)
i just really need to know where the vacuum line of the boost sensor goes to?
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

It goes anywhere you want that has a strong vac and boost signal.
The back of the throttle body is the usual place, it has to be below the level of the throttle body.

This might help you, only the green lines apply to the NZ models, ignore the red ones.

You might wanna check out the Cordia forums if you haven't already.
Where abouts in New Zealand are you by the way?
MrBtchy
[P] Plates

Post by MrBtchy »

i'm in auckland. that diagram should prove very useful.
thank you
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

MrBtchy wrote:there is no map sensor and being a FWD engine changed to RWD not everything has gone in to the engine bay like a starion(i wish it had)
i just really need to know where the vacuum line of the boost sensor goes to?
Actually, Chris 83JA is correct. MAP sensor = boost sensor. Whatever you want to call it, it plugs into where Chris 83JA said.
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
AB

Post by AB »

Have you heard about the NZ Cordia/Old school mitsi/whatever else that is happening in February next year?
MrBtchy
[P] Plates

Post by MrBtchy »

yip. i'll be going but i don't know how many of the events i'll be doing, i guess i'll make my mind up when i see the surfaces. but it should be an excelent weekend.
chiefbrody
[P] Plates

Post by chiefbrody »

Sorry to drag up such an old post :D Perils of the search function + newbie LOL

But I'm tying myself up in knots trying to figure all my vac lines out. It has way more than on the diagram shown above :) never seen so many on a car

AB said only worry about the green ones on NZ cars - do I take it from that, the green ones are the ones I wanna keep, and ditch (cut/plug) the rest?

are the rest all emissions related?

(I have UK '88 2.0)

Ta
AB

Post by AB »

Yeah green lines are the essential ones, red ones are emissions gear. Keep in mind that diagram was originally made for a Cordia so yours may look different. Our NZ new Cordias only ever came with the green lines because they have no emissions bits. I don't know if Starions ever came NZ new?