6g72tt into staz

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

one starion showed up to a US meet a few months back with the twin turbo v6. street driven. There were some detailed photos of it on;
http://www.starquestclub.com/cgi-bin/st ... d=bullcrap
looked like a very neat install.. upgraded turbos & polished bits, etc
he didn't wanna say which gearbox he used
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

A more detailed link please, the one you give just leads to bullcrap area.
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

heres the url
http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?b ... 02;start=0

looks like nextime is already asking the right questions but they don't seem to know for sure if the staz box will hook up to it :) fingers crossed.

apparently you have to move the tubos forward and all other kinds of crazy stuff on seeing the probs you're probably better off chucking in a 1uzfe and turboing since they're dirt cheap.

i really would like mitsu engine in it though :(
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

It looks awesome and would probably go like a cut cat.

Be nice if there was more info about the swap tranny in particular, but oh well, I won't be doing it in the near future so I guess it doesn't worry me that much.
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

Would you want a staz gbox behind that v6 tho? Even the later us 88/9 box wouldn't stand up to healthy v6 torque 'aggressively driven'. If it were me considering this swap, the decision certainly won't be hinged on that obstacle.
I'd start looking at v6 mitsu trucks and sport utes for that 'bolt up' gbox. Otherwise you'd have to saw off a bellhousing and hack on another from a supra w58 or r154. Nissan 5spd solid too.
Honestly, I wouldn't even mind a 2valve boosted v6, as I've seen some street going absolute monsters. Loved the silky smooth revs and idle
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

:o

MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

This is one thing I have always planned for my Starion. Not based on the 3000gt engine but the 3.5L Mivec (Pajero Evo?) with a pair low boost turbos. An auto would be an easy option but I don't think I could put anything other than a manual in a Starion. R154 all the way.

It all comes down to a lack of time, space and money....sigh.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg