Walbro Install

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.

Does the worlds circumference weigh heavily on your mind at all times?

yes, i cant walk out the door without double checking it to the exact centimetre
44%
no, i'm more concerned that "scientists" keep insisting the world is round
56%

Total votes: 16

4g6beat
I love starions

Walbro Install

Post by 4g6beat »

Hi Guys,
Got to upgrade my fuel pump and i've got a spare walbro lying around, has anyone ever put this unit in? i'm assuming the walbros an intank pump and cant be used externaly. I'd like to be proved wrong though :).
Is it even possible to fit up the walbro in the staz tank?

any tips would be appreciated :)
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I understand most fuel pumps can be mounted externally so long as it has fittings on both ends for hoses. Some intank pumps only have a fitting on one end with the other end having to be submerged in the fuel.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I don't see why not, providing it's above the starion pumps rating.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

wierdest poll ever :P
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

:wtf:
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Most Intank Fuel Pumps use Fuel as the cooling median....Walbro did make some External Fuel Pumps though, maybe purchase one of them instead on throwing away your money by killing a perfectly good pump which you could sell onto someone instead :wink:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

Is that a hint mr toysrus ? :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Cordia's run external Pumps and I have a 044 Bosch Motorsport one sitting right here for it so unfortunatetly, a hint it certainly is not LOL

I have a Walbro one coming from the States though for my second car so your timing is a bit off :P
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

Oh well was worth a try might have to go luck it out on the for sale section.
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

i'm running a Walbro 255 litre per hour internal pump externally in my EX lancer with an 8 valve 4G63BT. haven't had any problems with it, it hasn't done any long trips but has been fine for round town driving so far. when i first installed it i was a bit worried about it overheating so i kept a pretty good eye on whether it was heating up or not and it never got to a point where you couldn't touch it.

for installing it i just used a large outlet fitting from my surge tank and a piece of high pressure air hose to run between the two.

i'll let you's know if it dies or i have any problems,

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Im certain these fuel pumps dont use fuel as a cooling medium but rather to lubricate the bearings inside, hence why u should prime the pump before turning it on. Most these "internal pumps" have a tube and filter to pick up the fuel and hence arent in the fuel anyway.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five