Petrol prices

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

SpidersWeb wrote:Here in Wellington, NZ
91 $1.559NZ
96 $1.609NZ
98 $1.648NZ
Diesel $1.019NZ

prices are per litre, and are expected to pass the $2 mark before christmas. They're replacing our 96 with 95 at some stage soon as well, so not sure if I should use 95 or hunt down BP's for 98.
diesel over here is about 3c higher than unleaded, its a joke, its crap quality and it should be cheaper as it gets you better fuel economy.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

The market for diesel over here is lower then places like the UK.

Our fuel prices are stuff all atm, wait 6 months and 1.50 will be cheap. for 91 unleaded.

petrol prices are going to keep going up people. live with it or stop driving.
1983 JA Staz
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

diesel is cheaper here in town than unleaded now! WTF?!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I pay $1.648 for 98 in Christchurch, unsure about the 1.78 for 98 in Paperoa... what's with diesel costing more than petrol, it's whole point is to provide a cheap alternate to petrol hence why trucks run on the stuff.

What about things like LPG and CNG have they gone up in price?
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

Diesel is cheaper then petrol over here, but all diesel cars/trucks have to pay extra in the form of vechile taxes charged for distance driven, $31.41 per 1000km.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:I pay $1.648 for 98 in Christchurch, unsure about the 1.78 for 98 in Paperoa... what's with diesel costing more than petrol, it's whole point is to provide a cheap alternate to petrol hence why trucks run on the stuff.

when you think about it the petrol price in NZ would be slightly higher as their dollar is worth less.

LPG prices have not changed as gas is not an extract from oil.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Wow they havent managed any excuses for raising the price of LPG.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

Starion_Turbo wrote:
StazzyBabyYeah wrote:I pay $1.648 for 98 in Christchurch, unsure about the 1.78 for 98 in Paperoa... what's with diesel costing more than petrol, it's whole point is to provide a cheap alternate to petrol hence why trucks run on the stuff.

when you think about it the petrol price in NZ would be slightly higher as their dollar is worth less.

LPG prices have not changed as gas is not an extract from oil.
wonders will never cease!!! paid $1.29 for 98 oct (ultimate) tonight, why are starions so thirsty... at $1.29 a full tank works out at near $100... where's that scooter :shock:
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Starion_Turbo wrote:LPG prices have not changed as gas is not an extract from oil.
Actually 40% of all LPG used comes from crude oil. It is found naturally in crude oil and is produced in the oil-refining process.

The other 60% comes from straight from natural gas fields.

World LPG prices generally move in line with crude oil prices however it's the supply and demand which ultimately affects the overall price.

Australia is self sufficient in LPG, whereas we need to import oil to meet demand.

If we needed to import LPG as well then you would see the price of LPG go up with the price of petrol and oil.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I thought Australia produced enough crude to be self sufficent but exports alot of its crude as it gets a better price selling on the market.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

RiceThief wrote:I thought Australia produced enough crude to be self sufficent but exports alot of its crude as it gets a better price selling on the market.
thats what i pretty much gathered aswell

apparently we are somewhat self sufficient but not entirely.
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

Cookiemonster wrote:
Starion_Turbo wrote:LPG prices have not changed as gas is not an extract from oil.
Actually 40% of all LPG used comes from crude oil. It is found naturally in crude oil and is produced in the oil-refining process.

The other 60% comes from straight from natural gas fields.

World LPG prices generally move in line with crude oil prices however it's the supply and demand which ultimately affects the overall price.

Australia is self sufficient in LPG, whereas we need to import oil to meet demand.

If we needed to import LPG as well then you would see the price of LPG go up with the price of petrol and oil.
20% cookie, not 40%.

Australia's crude oil supplies are too light (IE: not dense enough) to be used in the petrochemical industry. Thus they are mostly used in plastics and other oil based things (such as engine oil's, fluids, paints, etc)

Fuel grade crude makes up about 15 percent of Australia's crude supply. Thus we import MOST of our crude.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Everything I read says 40% of all LPG used worldwide comes from crude oil.

Anyway the point is someone posted that LPG does not come from crude oil which is not true.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

either way convert all you starions to gas, and fill up at 39 cents a litre like me. ....

hm...
actually....

don't cause if you all start my gas prices will go up. or will they come down?

But you'll also have less power and inherent gas problems.

Either way, hello boys, petrol sucks.

Dave
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

some of my workmates are on the 'stag' platform at the moment. it is responsible some silly amount of oil per day, my guess is they have screwed the job up and now we are paying for it. I’ll post there home addresses up tomorrow. :D
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.