Racism….it’s alive and well

If you think it might offend someone, chuck it in here where the wusses don't look!
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Racism….it’s alive and well

Post by gotrice? »

I'm Back
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Difference being that it was two different writers, the first one may have said the same about the below people as well, but we wont know. Racism is alive and well in this day and age, I ackowledge that but in this case, unless it was the same writer, then it can't be proven.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

No, it was the same writer who did both.
http://www.sportsshooter.com/message_di ... ?tid=17204
About 2/3 the way down the page........

Jeasus, I don't belive how much crap I'm getting from this. First of all, I hope you excuse me, but I'm completely at the end of my rope. You have no Idea how stressful this whole disaster is, espically since I have not seen my wife in 5 days, and my parents and grand parents HAVE LOST THIER HOMES. As of right now, we have almost NOTHING.

Please stop emailing me on this one.

I wrote the caption about the two people who 'found' the items. I believed in my opinion, that they did simply find them, and not 'looted' them in the definition of the word. The people were swimming in chest deep water, and there were other people in the water, both white and black. I looked for the best picture. there were a million items floating in the water - we were right near a grocery store that had 5+ feet of water in it. it had no doors. the water was moving, and the stuff was floating away. These people were not ducking into a store and busting down windows to get electronics. They picked up bread and cokes that were floating in the water. They would have floated away anyhow. I wouldn't have taken in, because I wouldn't eat anything that's been in that water. But I'm not homeless. (well, technically I am right now.)

I'm not trying to be politically correct. I'm don't care if you are white or black. I spent 4 hours on a boat in my parent's neighborhood shooting, and rescuing people, both black and white, dog and cat. I am a journalist, and a human being - and I see all as such. If you don't belive me, you can look on Getty today and see the images I shot of real looting today, and you will see white and black people, and they were DEFINATELY looting. And I put that in the caption.

Please, please don't argue symantics over this one. This is EXTREMELY serious, and I can't even begin to convey to those not here what it is like. Please, please, be more concerned on how this affects all of us (watch gas prices) and please, please help out if you can.

This is my home, I will hopefully always be here. I know that my friends in this business across the gulf south are going through the exact same thing - and I am with them, and will do whatever I can to help. But please, please don't email me any more about this caption issue.

And please, don't yell at me about spelling and grammar. Im eating my first real meal (a sandwich) right now in 3 days.

When this calms down, I will be more than willing to answer any questions, just ask.

Thank you all -
-Chris Graythen
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Alspos wrote:Im eating my first real meal (a sandwich) right now in 3 days.
went out looting ay?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
SOWTZ
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by SOWTZ »

scum wrote:
went out looting ay?
LOL good one
problem is people care to much about shit like this (racism). It’s only bad when people mean it in an offensive way. And I don’t think this person was thinking “during all this death and destruction ill take a dig at the stereotypical black man”.
I have a car. I use it to drive to work, to drive to work I need petrol, petrol cost money, I must work to make this money… it’s a vicious cycle!
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

People are too sensitive today about minor things like this, if anything I'd say they have the right to loot food in their situation.

Sorry to hear that Al, hope everything turns out for the best.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

scum wrote:
went out looting ay?
whoops, didnt see the wifey / housy thing, guess i shouldent give you shit man. sorry.

mabey loot a new wife?

sorry.

then loot a new house.

im dead arnt i?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
CaZ1600
Newcomer

Post by CaZ1600 »

im not racist i hate everyone :P
SOWTZ

Post by SOWTZ »

CaZ1600 wrote:im not racist i hate everyone :P
Well that’s not true, to be a racist is to have a prejudice against a race.
In other word see a difference between 2 different races (pretty stupid ey’).
you hating everyone just makes you more a racist, and a few other things too. :D
I have a car. I use it to drive to work, to drive to work I need petrol, petrol cost money, I must work to make this money… it’s a vicious cycle!
CaZ1600
Newcomer

Post by CaZ1600 »

err got joke??
only messing arround......
SOWTZ

Post by SOWTZ »

i am/was well awer of the fact it was a joke. :shock:
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

prejudice against a race
Humans are a race............the human race
I'm Back
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

gotrice? wrote:
prejudice against a race
I'm very prejudiced against the tour de france.. does that count?
---------
TVR T350C
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

gotrice? wrote:
prejudice against a race
and I plan to win it
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Lifes the game that no one wins :wink: