Any tough car in here

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Ok that makes sense. Next question, is the boost gauge standard or aftermarket, and if its standard how does it usually get its signal? If its from the ECU, wouldnt switching this wire off be a bit of an issue when he is measuring his "16 psi"?
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

fr335tyl3r wrote:Ok that makes sense. Next question, is the boost gauge standard or aftermarket, and if its standard how does it usually get its signal? If its from the ECU, wouldnt switching this wire off be a bit of an issue when he is measuring his "16 psi"?
Theres a little silver box on the firewall on the drivers side which has a wiring loom going into it plus a vac/boost line, it's used to measure vac/boost and relay the info back to the ecu which transmits it to the boost gauge.

From what I've experienced my staz ran rich with no map sensor feed back, as spiders said it's only for fine tunning.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

So if it is transmitting from the ECU to the boost gauge, and his switch is removing this connection, how the heck does he even know that he is boosting to 23 psi or even 16psi? He could be boosting up to say I don't know 12psi (if he is switching it over at about 10) in theory couldnt he?
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

The stock boost gauge dosen't have any numbers on it so he must definatly be using an aftermarket gauge (I hope)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

It's got numbers but they're in .bar
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

Your thinking of a Starion. The Cordia stock boost gauge has no numbers.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:It's got numbers but they're in .bar
kg/cm2 actually :)

bar and kg/cm2 are almost the same but not quite.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

What were they thinking back then :wtf:

My old euro spec had psi though
King cordia
tosser

hj

Post by King cordia »

Like i have mentioned on the CP forum,i have boosted my engine,by accident as i was tuning my boost controller,the boost guage needle went all the way to the right,till it could move no further,it stayed there for around 3 seconds,of coarse i got a aftermarket boost guage.on my guage it has 20 as the limit it shows off boost pressure,the needle went way past that.

NOW-i am not driving my car everyday on 20 psi,switch not activated,maz boost will be till boost cut,But when i wanna race somone,i wont boost cut.

I have never heard detonation on my car,when i managed to push it to 20 psi,When my car goes on boost it goes very quickly,so thats why i say when i think im near 10 psi i hit switch.
My dash powerd cordia is like a ferrari,in a cordia chassis.
King cordia
tosser

Post by King cordia »

fr335tyl3r wrote:Ah ok. Might be obvious, but if you had a switch wired up to this that cut this off, wouldn't this make the fuel, etc go a bit nuts? Doesn't it rely on this signal to determine how much fuel to inject?
Thats why i dont just cut it and leave it,as some say.I only cut it when racing,street cruising its back to normal,even when i flick switch,my engine is still alive,I LOVE my engine its so bulletproof.
My dash powerd cordia is like a ferrari,in a cordia chassis.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

King cordia wrote: Thats why i dont just cut it and leave it,as some say.I only cut it when racing,street cruising its back to normal,even when i flick switch,my engine is still alive,I LOVE my engine its so bulletproof.
so you have a dual stage boost controller?
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Re: hj

Post by decoy »

King cordia wrote:When my car goes on boost it goes very quickly
I think you need to write a book... you'll make millions, all these facts that i never knew about... Pure genious
_

Re: hj

Post by fr335tyl3r »

King cordia wrote:NOW-i am not driving my car everyday on 20 psi,switch not activated,maz boost will be till boost cut,But when i wanna race somone,i wont boost cut.
Boost cut....doesnt the ecu shut down the injectors when boost cut gets hit?
How could you possibly stand to drive with the car like this. If you have your boost controller setup to hit around 20 psi or so and the only thing that is changing the amount of boost is whether you hit boost cut or not, that would be the roughest ride ever. Spool up, get to about 4krpm and the fcuker would lurch and bog down as the fuel gets taken away. Correct?

So, my offer still stands, can i come around and take pictures of your car?
StarionPWR
I like starions

Post by StarionPWR »

If you say you have to flick the switch before 10psi, does that mean that every gear change you are turning the switch on and off during each gear change before boost gets to 10psi again? rofl
When you are going to race wouldn't it be so much easier to just isolate the wire straight away instead of playing with your switch :roll:
There is no logic in what you are saying king cordia.

Out of interest where are you taking the boost pressure from on your intake system?
212.6kw ATW
13.4 1/4 mile
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Because he's a knob