big hanks to flav

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

big hanks to flav

Post by bigmoz »

hello everyone this is just another post from another happy client of flav's

flav nurchered my baby under his wing for a week or so and fixed alot of little problems at a good price but with the good news comes the bad. first for the bad there is a slight crack in the head or the gasket now for the good, because i spent alot of cash on the motor it has a warrenty and will be fixed for free :) by my other mechanic and i will have a 110%working order staz for my dayly driver. once again i suggest flav for any melbournt starion driver who needs a mechanic they can trust with there baby

bigmoz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

More posts like these and I can see Starions crossing the borders just for Flav to fix :D
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

So when are you coming to NZ next flav? :beer
Cordzboy
I like starions

Post by Cordzboy »

I absolutely agree. Flav was good enough to work on a Sunday to help out with my sister's JA, and let me borrow his garage and tools to fix my car while I was there!
Cordia, powered by EVO...
mr mark
I like starions

flav

Post by mr mark »

every time i come on this site (not very much anymore) all i see is flav flav flav maybe hes gay and some of you are f**king him up the arse dont no.

flav watch thses guys they go through phases so many have come and gone so make your money while you can cos theres only one starion MECHANIC/MACHINIST and just to prove it whats the highest hp starion YOU have built?

love Mr Mark
did i say something to annoy you??
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

fair enough mr mark there are other starion machinists...but it goes to show the flav is clearly the favourite here, as people go to him day and night for advice on cars and he is more than happy to give it.

whoever this other mechanic you are talking of is, doesnt show his face around here, so in many peoples opinions, no-one cares.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

People who are out there to help rather than make money will always be favourites
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Re: flav

Post by SpidersWeb »

mr mark wrote:flav watch thses guys they go through phases so many have come and gone so make your money while you can cos theres only one starion MECHANIC/MACHINIST and just to prove it whats the highest hp starion YOU have built?
I dont think its about the money.

I also think there is a lot more to Starions than who has the most kW. Everyone here knows that he is hardworking, always willing to help out, knows the cars from inside out, and has a huge (and recent) exerpience with the Starion. He deserves every applaud he gets, but I guess if you dont follow the site very much, you wouldn't have an understanding for that, and shouldn't be commenting.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Post by StarionBoy »

dont know if its the same for this other machinist mark is talking about but i know the reason alot of people dont come or rarely come on here any more is because of the huge amounts of arse kissing and favouritism which happen on this site, that and because there are not as many starions around as say a commodore you dont need to come on the site every day or two to keep up, you can go a week or two and not have missed a thing on the site..
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

IMHO Flav doesnt need to prove anything to anyone about HP or stuff. From what I see and read he runs a mechanical repair business aimed at, amonst other things, keeping Starions running, tuned and in good order. He seems to have helped a lot of Melbourne folk and if he is willing to share his (not inconsiderable) knowledge amongst us then good on him I say.

As for HP figures - I reckon if he chose to build a high HP motor it wouldnt be a challenge for him. If you do your homework Marky Boy then you might see the guy has been around a bit and knows a thing or ten about motors, HP and extracting the best from a car. Match his credentials in motor sport against anything you wish and see how dumbarsed your comments appear. :wink:

No one is knocking your 'machinist' - many have motors by him and are very happy so dont knock others who genuinely help the Starion people on here.

That is all.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

If I could be bothered to drive to Melbourne (I'm a fly boy these days :wink: ) all reports suggest it'd be worth leaving the car with flav for the week. Given the gf wants to go to Melbourne sometime over summer, who knows, one can only hope :)

btw, I'm not gay.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

rofl

jealousy is embarassing isn't it.
_

Post by scum »

im gonna dump the widebody, the VR4, the GTV transaxle, the steering rack conversion and the white narrowbody on your door step. you have 1 week :D
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Re: flav

Post by Cookiemonster »

mr mark wrote:every time i come on this site (not very much anymore) all i see is flav flav flav maybe hes gay and some of you are f**king him up the arse dont no.

flav watch thses guys they go through phases so many have come and gone so make your money while you can cos theres only one starion MECHANIC/MACHINIST and just to prove it whats the highest hp starion YOU have built?

love Mr Mark
StarionBoy wrote:dont know if its the same for this other machinist mark is talking about but i know the reason alot of people dont come or rarely come on here any more is because of the huge amounts of arse kissing and favouritism which happen on this site
There is nothing stopping your 'machinist' coming onto this forum, helping out the Starion community and perhaps gaining a few customers in the process.

But I guess he doesn't want people on this forum as customers so I'll stop referring people to him. I'll refer them to Flav from now on.
forced_induction
Newcomer

Post by forced_induction »

How do I contact this Flav guy? I'm still trying to track down a blue starion from an incident at la trobe university (refer to my other posts)...so far i have been unsucessful, the only information I have is the first two letters in the number plate FK?-???...I'm hoping Flav has worked on this car and can put me in contact with the owner/driver and perhaps we can come to some arrangement to fix the damage the eggs have done to the duco on my vehicle...