Gmail

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Gmail

Post by Chris 83JA »

Anyone want a Gmail account? It's the new google mail, some ridiculously huge inbox size (over 2 gigs), search functions, it stores all related emails together like conversations (re: back and forwards...) blah blah blah

either way, it's in testing now (has been for a while) and you need an invite to start up an account (even so, all the good names are taken, seems every man and his dog has an account now).

anyway, if an austraion regular wants a gmail account, just pm me your email address and i'll send one your way. It's possible to find invites on the internet if you search hard enough, but it's a pain in the arse.

heres some more info:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

taken :P
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

Me too :D
I'm Back
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Yea I've got 50 so I can spare a few
CaZ1600
Newcomer

Post by CaZ1600 »

yer ive also got 50 invites if anyone needs one,
there are a few little things you can get for gmail aswell,
Gmail drive - puts another drive in "my computer" which allows you to upload what evr you want to your 2gig storage
and just a little notifier that sits in your sys tray so that u dont have to go throguh all the web pages to check your mail.
avandulls_gal
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandulls_gal »

now just how excellent is this gmail? Is it really as good as it sounds? If I don't get an invite, will I have to pay for it? If that's the case I'll definitely have an invite thanks!
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

It's pretty good, i'm not exactly foaming at the mouth in anticipation, but I certainly find it better than the standard email format. It becomes useful when you're sending a lot of emails back and forwards.

If you want an invite, send me your current address and i'll give you one. It will be free once it finally goes fully public, just if you get in earlier, you might be able to grab the address you want before someone else takes it (didn't fork for me though :( )