Multipoint injection and 4g63t miss

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
grubstar
Newcomer

Multipoint injection and 4g63t miss

Post by grubstar »

Hey i 'm currently running a Sigma 4g63t motor in my L300 van, just wanting to know if anyone has converted one of these to multi point injection, if so how? Just trying to get in to use a little less gas...

Also it has developed a miss under load, have replaced leads dizzy cap and rotor and plugs, no change. Any help would be appricieated!

Cheers
pajeroturbo
Dorifto!

4g63t multipoint

Post by pajeroturbo »

No problem mate the only thing you will need is an aftermarket ecu.
grubstar
Newcomer

Post by grubstar »

then just use a late model l300 van inlet manafold or make a new one?
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

Yep, i used an mpi manifold off a '94 starwagon
grab the fuel rail, tps, tb, fuel pressure reg. You'll need some bigger injectors, either 450cc Vr4, 510cc vr4/evo or 550cc s4/5 rx7 are the popular choices.

Then you'll just need an aftermarket ECU to run it.

I'm currently just running a very rough street tune (tuned rich), and it's already running more efficiently than with the tbi
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Re: Multipoint injection and 4g63t miss

Post by AB »

grubstar wrote: Just trying to get in to use a little less gas...
If your doing this to improve your fuel economy your going to have to drive it for a long way to break even on the cost. The $1500 or so its going to cost to get it running can buy you about 1100 litres of 96, which if you use 50 litres a week could last you about 6 months, so unless your planning to keep this van as a daily driver for more then 3 or so years I don't think it would be worth it, but then again, it would be fun to drive. Make sure you get an ECU that the dyno tuner your going to use is familiar with.
grubstar
Newcomer

Post by grubstar »

i might just put the cash into finding a E39A Vr4 motor
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

The vr4 engine would be a good way to go I think. If you do all the work yourself you could probably get it done for around the same price as the multipoint. A good way to go if you have the time and space is to buy an entire vr4 that is either damaged and/or deregistered but with a good running engine. You keep the bits you want and can make up the cost or even make a profit selling off the rest of the bits you don't need.
grubstar
Newcomer

Post by grubstar »

thats exactly what i've been looking for for the last 6 months, the sigma engine was just a temp motor, have done it all sweet though,intercooler piping, etc, was planning to sell this motor as a complete bolt in van conversion for someone, fuel pump to exhast
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

i have always wondered what a l300 with a stazza motor will be like.. i bet it embaresses a few people at the lights
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
grubstar
Newcomer

Post by grubstar »

yeah it sure does........right up until the first corner...ha ha Have gone a bit far in the lowering department, have to raise it a little to get more than an inch travel back. Looks hot sacked on 18 X 9.5 TSW Thruxtons and painted ford blueprint blue,

Anyway guys any help on the miss my motor has developed would be good until i can find a vr4 motor for it.
Under heavy load it cuts out for half a second???

I know about fabricating but knowledge on efi fault finding is a little limited.

cheers
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

AB wrote:
If your doing this to improve your fuel economy your going to have to drive it for a long way to break even on the cost. The $1500 or so its going to cost to get it running can buy you about 1100 litres of 96, which if you use 50 litres a week could last you about 6 months, so unless your planning to keep this van as a daily driver for more then 3 or so years I don't think it would be worth it, but then again, it would be fun to drive. Make sure you get an ECU that the dyno tuner your going to use is familiar with.
this is what people thinking about going MPI should consider, seriously, I mean a 2 injector system running properly should run ok, as for power remember Bathurst??? those cars were making some HP, and I venture to say they were using the stock TBI??
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

TD05 wrote:
AB wrote:
this is what people thinking about going MPI should consider, seriously, I mean a 2 injector system running properly should run ok, as for power remember Bathurst??? those cars were making some HP, and I venture to say they were using the stock TBI??
Yep, most of the gains from going mpi are probably from the computer and a good tune rather than the different manifold
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

What injection are you currently using? If it's Starion type and you're using the starion computer, then you may be hitting the fuel cut. Your comment about it cutting out under full load may be the key.
Give us a little more information. Injection type or carby, computer or not, boost level etc.