initial d.. the live movie

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
androoz
Enthusiast

initial d.. the live movie

Post by androoz »

has anybody watched it yet?

ive just watched it today in the chinese cinemas in the city and having watched all the anime up until the current 4th stage episodes.. i have to say the movie is very good.. though they did change a few things from the anime, the main points were mostly there. the fact that they (chinese production) filmed on location at mt. akina was also very interesting..

if anybody wants to watch it anytime soon, better hit the chinese movie theaters as it stops screening on the 30th here in melbourne..

:P
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

How far into the 4th stage has been english translated so far?? I have all episodes on computer english subbed, up to 4th stage ep 14 (ProjectD)

Was the movie sub titled?? I been expecting its production for months, as I have the preview of it being made.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
bazeng
I like starions

Post by bazeng »

i've seen it

saw it opening night.. it was PACKED!!!

anyway, i'd have to differ in that opinion

for an INITIAL D fan, (the only other ANIME i watch is NARUTO)
I was a little dissapointed by the fact that they didn't follow the cartoon..
they forgot about 2 main characters (takumi's friend, the silvia owner and also the yellow rx7)

their wasn't enough detail in characters, it was basically race after race...
the action was pretty good.. but basically i think it was budget
also they tried to fit 2 stages into one...

another thing i was really dissapointed in.. NO EVO 3 MISSFIRING SYSTEM!!!
AGGGGGGGGGGGRR!!!..

but for those who dont follow the anime.. its meant to be very entertaining..

but on a good note.. it is quite funny!!
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Up to ep 14 from stage 4 has been translated. 15 and 16 have been aired in japan (they are the final eps of stage 4...ive seen the raw untranslated files...its quite a good ending...)

I would expect the translated 15 and 16 to come out soon.

There WILL be a stage 5 and 6 being released. Stage 5 is expected to be another movie, and stage 6 another series following project D again.

Hopefully im gonna go see the Initial D movie soonish, otherwise ill just download it too.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

yes.. they did leave out iketani and keisuke.. which was wat i meant by them leaving out a few details.. but they did have to try to sqqueeze a lot in 2 hrs.. i still think they got the big details across..
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

I Loved it!

I can understand how you could be a little dissapointed if you've watched all the anime.

Having the story and characters a little different on the movie didn't bother me greatly as i couldn't possibly expect them to get everything right and it could have been a lot worse (imagine if the yanks tried to adapt it yikes!!) but while watching it at the cinemas it felt like i was watching the anime (especially the races) so i guess they did a pretty awesome job.
I'd reccomend any Initial D fan go watch it now regardless of the slight changes. Bunta was a crack up and honestly i think the movie is a lot funnier and easy to get into than the anime.

ps: Naruto rules!
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Was this movie sub titled, or voiced over in english??
also were are you seeing this movie???? its obviously not coming to normal cinema.

I NEED to know, or im gonna have to go searching for the movie and DL it (probably will anyway).

Thanks
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

I saw it at the reading cinemas at market city near darling harbour (above paddys market), should be running for another few weeks. If anyones in sydneytown thats where i'd go. Generally any cinema that regularly shows canto/other language films would be screening it.

It's subbed in english (otherwise i'd have no hope in hell of knowing what's going on) Is it available for dl anywhere? if so i wouldn't mind a link to it :)
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
bazeng
I like starions

Post by bazeng »

i saw it at chinatown cinema's in mel CBD..

but yeah.. not bad movie...
bunta was a crack up..
and so was takumi's friend

(i'm never able to remember names of these characters.. lol..)