Why the Starion will ALWAYS be slower than the Cordia :P

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Alspos wrote:Just wondering what diff ratio he would need to crack 300.... or how many revs on the standard one...... hmmmm, I know a staz is 6K at 240, so 330 would be 8250? I can hardly wait...
Think he said he changed his wheel diameter, which is why it needed to be re-calibrated.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I feel sorry for you guys :D

But yes 16" Wheels and 50 profile Tyres will be necessary otherwise I have no hope.....

I'll build the Engine/Driveline combination up first then boast about it, but believe me, if I ever cross upon the opportunity to test it, then I will :twisted:

On a side note, the 2.4L bottom-end should be ready in about 6 weeks time, ordered everything incl the 2 Mitsubishi part No's require to remove the Balance shafts bar the Wiseco Pistons/Carrillo Conrods/Fidanza Flywheel and a 700Hp rated Organic Clutch which are getting ordered next week sometime direct from the States :beer
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

ok, im putting my money where my mouth is
$200 to you if you crack 200mph on the road (salt flats i guess), not on a dyno, under its own power, no rockets.
you will need decent proof aswell.

a starion wont do it and neither will a cordia, you have to put a rediculous amount of power for something with that bad aerodynamics.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Ill chuck in 200 as well.
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

OMG, I feel kinda bad taking money from Starion owners whom don't have much to spend on their own let alone for bets :cry:

But if you'se insist then I won't refuse :P

You are right, it will have to be on Salt beds, heck it'll cost me atleast $200 in Fuel just to get to one and back :wtf: .......but when I'm ready, I will organise in-car Video camera and see how it fairs :beer
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

toysrus wrote:OMG, I feel kinda bad taking money from Starion owners whom don't have much to spend on their own let alone for bets :cry:
Actually I have a few thousand sitting there waiting. Just haven't had time and want to do things properly so am letting the account build to 8K over the next two months. (for any curious people, I havent decided how to spend the money, and there is a chance it wont go on the Starion, haven't decided yet)

If you are serious about taking to the salt flats, Ill keep to my bet, and would love to see the video. If you suceed you will well and truely earn every cent of the bet. At that speed and power, using a body designed for sub-180 speeds to do 330 without having somebody look at the suspension, and aerodynamics + getting tyres that are capable (I havent seen a street tyre rated for 330KPH) you could be up for a bit of a challenge though. Its not just about a formula and a grunty engine.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

and hcca Id like to order some 450KPH gauges for the Staz please :D
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

450 is too hard.. it's easier to double the numbers... so is 480 ok? If not, I have the 260kph speedo which could be doubled to 520kph :)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

you bastards :D

Lakes I've come up with so far are Lake Eyre, Meningie, Wellington or Kangaroo Island here in South Australia, don't they have to be frozen though ?

I probably won't do too much with the Suspension, just fit the standard Springs back onto the front and leave the set-up as is. About the tyres, hmm I'll see what I can come up with, generally when anything like tyre Speed ratings are specified, they are tested approx 30-50% over their rating so I'm sure they'll be fine to handle say about 30 secs from 250-320K's, hopefully anyway :x
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

What has motivated you to do this?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

My utter dislike of RWDs', that is all rofl

The main contributing factor is the standard wieght of them and that extra 15% loss of power doesn't cut it for me.

...but essentially there is no point in having a 330km/hr speedometer if I don't use it atleast once in my lifetime, so I plan to make sure that is not the case :)
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Where do you get the idea that RWD=more weight?
My RWD lancer weighs in at a hefty 850kg from factory. Now also has a drivetrain that is a 'little' bit stronger than a cordia box and more traction to boot.

Oh noes! the cordia is no longer the lightest car evar!
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

noooooo :cry:

What year Lancer is this MrBishi ?

It still has only two wheels to put the power down so traction is still an effort I say :P
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

$200 if you can do it, i get your largest badge if you cant :wink:
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

scum wrote:$200 if you can do it, i get your largest badge if you cant :wink:
deal :beer