Coltspeed Bar on a JD or JB - indicator position?

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
skip
Registered Bitch

Coltspeed Bar on a JD or JB - indicator position?

Post by skip »

As the topic says, has anyone here put a Coltspeed bar on a JD or JB? The indicator/parker lights are different from the standard fit, so when I get mine (in the next week I hope :) ) I'd like to know where to start when adjusting it or possibly cutting it.

If anyone has photos or can direct me to them it'd be appreciated.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

im going to be doing this but not for a while, i think you really have to choose where you want them as you have to do some cutting.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I thought the shape of the front bars was different? ie the cross sections are dissimilar meaning that the lights may not fit in well.

I'll be interested to see the results.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

heres some picks of the bumper

I'm Back
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

yeah i hadnt actually looked at the dimensions. Looks like if its gonna be done, its gotta have to be cut on the inside and lower section as there is no room on the opposite sides
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I think you will find the Coltspeed bar is made for JA lights - not JB/JD style. There is a recessed area that accomodates locating screws. If you want to fit the JB style lights you will have to do a significant amount of cutting and reinforcing to secure the lights in correctly. And I am sure the overall shape of the bar is grafted off a JA bar - the JB bar is a different profile and I doubt the if the lights will fit.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

Try this (courtesy of LXS)
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Thats not the Coltspeed bar - its an earlier version that the Coltspeed one is modelled off. That one is the same as Cookies.

The new Coltspeed one just has the cutouts for the JA blinker assembly.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

you could try that one as its only a lip kit.
I'm Back
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

IMHO its entirely possible, some brackets stuck to the back of the bar and it should just 'bolt in' LOL . May need a bit of work on the sides and angling them would be annoying, but unless you are in a place that sees a lot of fog it shouldnt be an issue (thats right people, fog lights are for when its foggy)
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

yeah its possible
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Aerotech in NZ make the same style of front bar, but the coutouts for the later model front lights. Pricey tho.
b-man
Newcomer

coltspeed bar

Post by b-man »

nice bar i was thinking i might want 1 for myself so how much would i br looking at to buy 1 for my ja starion?
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

ProZac wrote:Aerotech in NZ make the same style of front bar, but the coutouts for the later model front lights. Pricey tho.
unless they have something new, the aerotech bar that i have seen and that GOTSOM has is just a lower lip and not a full 1 piece replacement.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

CussCuss wrote:
ProZac wrote:Aerotech in NZ make the same style of front bar, but the coutouts for the later model front lights. Pricey tho.
unless they have something new, the aerotech bar that i have seen and that GOTSOM has is just a lower lip and not a full 1 piece replacement.
They do a front skirt ($NZ400), and a front bumper ($NZ650). Different items.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)