Crazy Starion motor

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Crazy Starion motor

Post by DD Phil »

This motor was built for my Starion, but is now not required as I have a 3000GT motor going in the purple beast.

The head/cam and bottom end were all built by Rally-ace Stewart Reid, the bottom end was a spare from his race car, it has factory forged pistons and was built with top quality parts. The head is ported and has Rallliart spec cam. I ran this motor with stock injection and a Nissan FJ20 turbo and made approx 200HP at the wheels with around 10psi on ChipTorques dyno.

The really special bits are the manifolds, which allow potential power over 450HP. The exhaust manifold is stainless and built for a TO4E-50 trim and Turbonetics 42mm race-gate, a Turbosmart wastegate could be adapted to fit also.

The intake features long runners and a 2.2lt plenum, along with 550cc injectors. It suits a 70mm EF Falcon throttle body. The intake is completely fabricated from stainless, so once mirror polished, will stay shiny for ever (unlike alloy). The fuel rail is also stainless.

Included in this package is a re-built gearbox and near-new sprung centre paddle clutch. Also a brand new, 3 core radiator, specially narrowed to allow easier intercooler plumbing, with external thermostat housing.

Please note engine has been sitting for a few years, but has done around 2000kms. This engine requires an aftermarket computer to realise it's full potential. Water and oil lines will need to be fabricated for the turbo etc.

The engine/gearbox/clutch/manifolds have cost me over $13,000 I'll asking a very realistic $3000

I also have a ball-bearing WRX turbo and adaptor that bolts up to this manifold, so you could always run that in the mean time and save up for the big turbo! This cost $700, but'll I'll throw it in for free.

email phil@incaraudio.com.au

Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Re: Crazy Starion motor

Post by toysrus »

Incar Phil wrote:3000GT 6G72 into a JA???
U serious??? :shock:

Is that gonna fit? :shock:

and what gearbox are u goin to be usin?
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

6G72 fits easily, currently working on using 6G74 3.8lt bottom end with Quad cam heads. Gearbox? really want Hollinger, but will run Tremec or Supra until I have enough $$$$$ for the sequential.

Phil
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

how much are you forking out for the conversion and what are ur expectations?
Anthony
Lil' Dorifto

Post by Anthony »

Do you have any pics of the radiator/willing to sell it seperately?

Does anyone know if the staz/scorpion/sigma radiators are the same or similar?
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Just a could of general interest q's.. as i cant afford anything like this :P

what do you do about the coolant passages in the side of the head, as the inlet manifold no longer uses them?

Is there a fitting for a fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail, or is it designed for another method of fuel pressure regulation?
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

The intake manifold is machined out where the water galleries are, it needs two stainless feeds out to the external thermostat housing. I can arrange this. I made the manifold out of stainless as once polished it will stay shiny for ever. Making the intake from stainless doubled the costs, everything down to the injector mounts had to be custom machined.

This set up won't just "drop in and drive", it requires an aftermarket ECU, intercooler etc. You could use your stock injection on this motor to save money.

I can supply a used Turbonetics TO4E (on centre) and wastgate to suit, the manifold was designed for this turbo, the compressor housing protudes about 5mm through the bonnet (for show). This requires the cutting of a hole about 80x30mm and looks trick. This turbo come of a mate's FJ20 Datsun ute, it makes 400HP+ at the wheels on 20psi. He wants $1500 for the turbo and gate as he is upgrading!

I had sold this set-up to a guy in Sydney, but I think it was a little too full on for him, so I have it for sale again.

I am prepared to seperate the items. The gearbox is fully rebuilt (cost $1400), the clutch is virtually new (cost $650).

I had the head worked and then later bought the bottom end from Stewart Reid, it was a spare from his rally car. The motor has done less than 2000kms, and has been out of the car for about 3 years.

As I said earlier, with stock ECU and a small Nissan T03 it made 200HP at the wheels on around 10psi, the head and cam alone made big power gains even with the stock injection.

Phil
strion
I've been here before

TOO fULL ON

Post by strion »

hahahahahaha
rofl

it wasnt too full on phil, what turned me off the motor was the fact that it took me 4 months and u still didnt wanna reply my calls sms's and emails, i was forced to go 1000kms just to get the receipt off you which didnt even have the engine number on it... you think soo much works been done to it so wheres the receipts...you dont have them and your mate stewart reid doesnt either and by the way he sounded he doesnt like you at all, (i think i figured that out when he told me that "if this had anything to do with phil from incar then i dont want anything to do with him or the motor hes trying to sell")
no receipt, just word of mouth isnt enough for me or for the guy thats gonna give me a blue slip...
i would appreciate it if you wouldnt bag me out on this forum and would appreciate it if you could grow the balls to say it to my face phil....not happy at all...i hope to see the money in my account this week phil..
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

No I don't have receipt for the bottom end. Never said I did. I never bagged you out, nor even mentioned you.

Unfortunately Steward turned out to be a right prick, leaving my purple Starion outside his workshop in the rain for three months. He still has my MOTEC M4 wiring loom, 4 new Bosch 351 injectors, 979 fuel pump, Tilton pedal box etc.

Phil
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

you ssaid to me you have receipts for everything, everything meaning topend bottom end gearbox clutch...your insulting my intelligence by saying that it was too full on for because its not....its just not worth the headache...understood...anyways good luck with the sale and like i said....ill hear from you soon and you'll have the money in my account.
regards
ahmad
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

Ahmad, I'm sorry if I ever lead you to believe that it would be a "drop in" install. It certainly isn't! I know this is what you were looking for.

I've tried to make it clear this time that to install this set up is quite invloved, but the horsepower in the end is worth the effort. It will require an EF 70mm throttle body, new throttle cable, brackets etc. Not difficult, but quite involved, any good performance shop or experienced enthusiast could complete these items.

It would be possible to run a standard inlet manifold to simplify things, but this would limit the ultimate output.

Phil
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

how do u spose i beleive u wifout receipts???
i can get d job done thats not the problem....
the problem was that you dont know the engine number so i cant get the car registered....yes ive know the engine number but what if i gave that to u and u tried fuking me ova by giving me fake receipts....your not a very trustable man phil and alot of people know about you...ive found a few people that say youvce rorted them too....iu donty wanna do business with a rorter, thanks for wasting my time but sorry phil....ill see the money soon and thats that...
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

Everone's entitled to their own opinion.

Phil
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

and that was my opinion
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

strion wrote:how do u spose i beleive u wifout receipts???
i can get d job done thats not the problem....
the problem was that you dont know the engine number so i cant get the car registered....yes ive know the engine number but what if i gave that to u and u tried fuking me ova by giving me fake receipts....your not a very trustable man phil and alot of people know about you...ive found a few people that say youvce rorted them too....iu donty wanna do business with a rorter, thanks for wasting my time but sorry phil....ill see the money soon and thats that...
I never gave you any "fake receipts" I gave you a copy of the receipt I had for the head work only.

I supplied you with everything listed in my original sale ad, even so I've agreed to buy it back from you five months later.

I don't know what more you expect from me. As for these "few people" I've supposedly "rorted" you claim this person was "Tony from Sub Zero in Brisbane".

Sub Zero is on the Gold Coast and there is no Tony there, someone has feed you some BS I'd say.

Phil