DIY water injection

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I'm only looking to run 13psi/8.5:1 compression ratio with a custom FMIC, this water injection isn't sounding worthwhile, you guys agree?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Depends on how much timing advance you want to run, if you want to go banana's with the timing, then it would still be of worthwhile benefit to you :wink:
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

i didn’t think it did anything for timing, when I used it I had the injector just after the compressor, worked really well in summer but after a while the water would condense and start dripping out the dash vents. :(
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

ok so i did it. hooked it all up. wil post pics asap. used the button that sprays water on your headlights. long story short, was coming down high way in fifth watching temp climb......170.......175 temp getting high now.....hit button and temp went through the floor. Mates dropped me home then we came back the next day to tow the starion home. nozzle blew off and flooded car with dry ice cooled water. Currently stripping engine. does anyone want to price me a rebuild kit?
thanks guys
Jay
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!
1983 JA Staz
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

This explains it well.

http://www.snowperformance.net/

A.
:D
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
Abalistic

Post by Abalistic »

JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:ok so i did it. hooked it all up. wil post pics asap. used the button that sprays water on your headlights. long story short, was coming down high way in fifth watching temp climb......170.......175 temp getting high now.....hit button and temp went through the floor. Mates dropped me home then we came back the next day to tow the starion home. nozzle blew off and flooded car with dry ice cooled water. Currently stripping engine. does anyone want to price me a rebuild kit?
thanks guys
Jay
im confused, was this the desired effect?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

sounds rather unlucky :(, I take it you didn't weld the nozzle into the cross pipe?
AB

Post by AB »

I've just got a question or two for anyone here that has a water injection system running and who measures the intake temperatures, Where do you have the thermocouple sensor installed?

I've been thinking where to install one and thought the most accurate read out would be just before the valve, but there is no way you would want to mount it there, so I guess you would put it at the very end of the intake runner just before it enters the cylinder head on one of the outer most runners.

Also, does anyone have two thermo sensors, one before the water injection point and one after? I would be very interested to see some results from someones system if anyone has any.

One more thing, Can anyone link me to the Galant/Sigma forum that was mentioned before.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Also remember when fitting the temp sensors, to isolate it from the piping, so that it measures the intake temp rather then the pipe temperature which it is fitted to :wink:
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

umm, the sigma-galant site is mentioned in my signature.

its a Aussie only site really,. but you can go and bash me on there too :P
1983 JA Staz