4G64 motor (2.4 litre)

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

4G64B wrote::D

Nah mate couldn'tbe.. mines blue and doesn't see the streets much even though fully road legal (engineer's cert). I mainly use my car for club motorsport in the newcastle MG Car Club competing in Club level & State level Supersprints & Hillclimbs.

( due to level of mods have to be same class as turbo 4WD against Sti"s & Evo"S) :(
With 350HP at the wheels you should be able to keep up with those guy's. I would think it should be pretty quick around somewhere like Eastern Creek. Anyhow EVO's are ok just make sure you beat the STi's.
mr hyde
Newcomer

Post by mr hyde »

StarionPWR wrote:It has been done, im not sure of what rod piston combo they use but you do use the 4g64 crank.
Heard a rumour a guy i know has just done this in a VR4 motor but i havent caught up with him for a while.
Aparently they make very good toque but arent quite as high revving.
It's been done plenty of times over here in the states.

Block Configs...

4G63 block
G64B crank
Eagle rods. Stock size
Wiseco Pistons Wiseco has them listed on their site
ARP mains
Geoff
92 GVR4 235/1000
4G63 Dodge Colt
2.3ltr AWD Dodge Colt
mr hyde
Newcomer

Post by mr hyde »

quest wrote:yep, those dohc 2.3/2.4s are monsters

The bigger dsm maf should wire in, as well as drop in 450cc injectors.
Need to find out the compression ratio and if the cyl head differs.

While you're at it, you might want to consider sourcing an EVO 7-8
MAF. They flow 67% more than the 1G 91-94 DSM MAF units, and 25% more than a 2G 95-99 DSM MAF
Geoff
92 GVR4 235/1000
4G63 Dodge Colt
2.3ltr AWD Dodge Colt
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

mr hyde wrote:
quest wrote:yep, those dohc 2.3/2.4s are monsters

The bigger dsm maf should wire in, as well as drop in 450cc injectors.
Need to find out the compression ratio and if the cyl head differs.

While you're at it, you might want to consider sourcing an EVO 7-8
MAF. They flow 67% more than the 1G 91-94 DSM MAF units, and 25% more than a 2G 95-99 DSM MAF
Most everybody here runs aftermarket ECU's. Nobody bothers with all this bigger airflow meter stuff. Just get rid of it completely, no more problems. EVO7-8 MAF would be worth more than the car :D
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

just because nobody there uses the oe mitsu vr4/evo electronics doesn't mean its not a wothwhile consideration. Based on the results dsm 'enthusiasts' get with just an inexpensive datalogger and a piggyback (transparent operation when dialed in), you won't find any car here that can keep up with them, eh.
They run with oe quality, relatively inexpensive and d.i.y. tuned.... no fussing about with the 'hassles' of a standalone or paying to get it installed/tuned. They're very reliable components too - my 14yr old equipment still performs flawlessly, as do others.
It takes a quite a bit of power from a 2L 4 cylinder to move a 3300 pound street car to mid 11sec quarter mile times. The oe mitsu knock sensor keeps a stock internal 150k+ mile motor alive under those conditions!
Hacked 1G mafs are free/available, and will cover just about all hp craves. The 2g/evo mafs is also. The ~$250 maft uses a GM mafs (almost no restriction) is tunable and works great on low 11sec full wt. street cars.
Really a fantastic system when you think about it.
fil
I've been here before

Post by fil »

4g64b: Is the custom turbo mainfold required or was it simply used because you were changing turbos ?
Cheers [/quote]
Starions: The wedge with the edge !
e-soom
[L] Plates

Post by e-soom »

Has anyone tryed fitting 2.4 valves in a 2.0 head as they are 3mm bigger
inlet and exhaust.46mm inlet & 38mm exhaust.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Have you considered 'shrouding' issues and the material quality of the valves ? The standard turbo Head valves are Nitrated, not sure about the NA ones......

For example the Evo8 Exhaust valves are sodium filled and drop in performance replacements for the DOHC cylinder heads :P