Motorkhana Pics

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Will
Mine is bigger than yours

Motorkhana Pics

Post by Will »

This is a pic from a recent Motorkhana training day run by the Renault Car club.

Many thanks to dokbob for this pic.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Nice and original. "I'm only happy when it rains"
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

nice man i think you need to invest in some suspention

Post by bigmoz »

nice man i think you need to invest in some suspention i put on some new shocks and springs on my ja and it makes the ride respond so much better as well as cutting out about 70% of the body roll

big moz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
Will

Post by Will »

Thanks. I had it setup soft for the skid pan to try and get as much traction as possible. I also removed the rear sway bar to reduce inside rear wheel spin.
(I know ... but LSD's are hard to find. :? )
bshade
[P] Plates

Post by bshade »

That looks awsome, it almost looks like the wheel is off the ground. How did you get any traction on wet cement. I just slide all over the place if I try and run it hard at all.
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI Electric Blue wrecked, 1989 Chrysler conquest TSI R04 red RIP, 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI Black and Tan MPI set up, 1988 Firebird Trans AM, 1987 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z, 1987 BMW 325is, 1978 Dodge RamCharger
14.133 @ 96.8 W/ 1.881 60ft
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

I'm imagining if you had an LSD in that wet stuff you would have lost the tail end multiple times.. starions tend to snap out VERY quickly when breaking traction regardless of water. mine also used to axle tramp all the time but that was due to hard springs and soft shocks...
Will

Post by Will »

yes, but sooo much more fun :D

The motorkhana courses can get real tight with turns greater than 180 degrees so a rear end that whips around would be a useful tool to have when driving the tight courses. I agree that some more skill and finess would be required to control that and put it to good use.