Wiring diagram needed!

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

:oops: well that was kinda obvious
I'm Back
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

MelbStazz wrote: I would have no idea on how to do that. Hmmm. Any idea's??? What's a reed switch?? i hate to sound stoopid, but when it comes to electronics i kinda am. :oops:
:beer
Mr D.
Reed switch is a switch which is trigged when it is close to a magnet.

What you do, is you stick 4 small magnets equally apart on the spinning part of the speedo (inside the unit), then on the bracket, fit the reed switch. Connect one side of the switch to ground, the other side to whatever needs the signal. It will get 4 pulses per revolution of the speedo cable.

I remember Powerslave mentioning something about 4 pulses vs 20 pulses on another forum. So not sure what the deal is. But hope that helps explain a little about how the speed sensoring works for you anyway.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

:beer for that spidersweb. The explanation was helpful. Though im not that confident on doing the job i'll give it a go and let you know it progresses.
:beer td05 and fuel for the links.

Mr D
- el schmicko detailer -