Fitting turbos from Cordias

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

Don't knock the TC-05 , it can be a great turbo used in the right application. Like Derek said , boost down low , but runs out of puff at or around 5000 , makes for a good torquey drive without having to rev the shit out of it. I've got my stock g63 with stock ECU , cut airbox , TC-05 11a at 9psi running 14.9 on the 400m (with the help of a fmic). It will do this day in and day out without breaking anything. Yes , the efficiency is crap at higher RPM but the TC05 does suit the undersquare 4g63 , it was not really meant to rev it's brains out. Mines full boost at 2000 and runs out at 5100 , not a bad range at all for such a 'crappy' turbo.
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

yer when i bought a new turbo for my car, it was a rebuilt cordia tc06. the only difference being that it faced the wrong direction.

apparently with a lowly pair of circlip pliers, you can change the angle the compressor faces, but i was too scared to stuff it up so i got it done for me.

worked sweet since :)

(aside from the little clip holding the wastegate arm fell off)
gordonspec® racing
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Powerslave

TC05-11A? do you mean 12A or is there a TC05 with an even smaller compressor wheel out there?
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)