WSID... Holy Crap!!!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
CussCuss
6pack esky

WSID... Holy Crap!!!

Post by CussCuss »

NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Steve, you legend! Can't wait for the weekend

Thanks.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

RE:

Post by SIRIUS »

yes they are really unfkn beleivable..i always go when they are at A.I.R

an those incredible motors are based on the best engines in the world the 426 HEMI... MOPAR POWA....

all you think is FAARRKKK when they take off an you virtually go blind from all the vibrations
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yes, yes they are pretty damn unbelievable.

And heres some crap to read about them.

* One Top Fuel dragster 500 cubic inch Hemi engine develops more horsepower than the first 4 rows at the Indy. 500.

* Under full throttle, a Top Fuel dragster engine consumes around 1 gallon of nitromethane per second; a fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.

* A stock Dodge 426 Hemi V8 engine cannot produce enough power to drive the dragster's supercharger.

* With 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition.

* Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

* At the stoichiometric 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture for nitromethane the flame front temperature measures 7050 degrees F.

* Nitromethane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

* Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

* Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

* If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in the affected cylinders and then explodes with sufficient force to blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or split the block in half.

* In order to exceed 300 mph in 4.5 seconds dragsters must accelerate at an average of over 4G's. In order to reach 200 mph well before half-track, the launch acceleration approaches 8G's.

* Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have completed reading this sentence.

* Top Fuel Engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light!

* Including the burnout the engine must only survive 900 revolutions under load.

* The red-line is actually quite high at 9500 rpm.

* The Bottom Line; Assuming all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs an estimated $1,000.00 per second. The current Top Fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.441 seconds for the quarter mile (10/05/03, Tony Schumacher)
The top speed record is 333.00 mph (533 km/h) as measured over the last 66' of the run, (09/28/03 Doug Kalitta)

Putting all of this into perspective:

You are riding the average $250,000 Honda MotoGP bike. Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a quarter mile strip as you pass.
You have the advantage of a flying start.
You run the RC211V hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line and past the dragster at an honest 200 mph (293 ft/sec)
The 'tree' goes green for both of you at that moment.
The dragster launches and starts after you.

You keep your wrist cranked hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums and within 3 seconds the dragster catches and passes you.
He beats you to the finish line, a quarter mile away from where you just passed him.

Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 mph and not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race course.

Hmmm, food for thought.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Always enjoy reading that when I see it, Al. This weekend should be huge.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i wanna ride in one! your mouth would literally be all :D pressed back! lol
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

cuss cuss are you in qld? I saw that run too at willowbank...
there's nothing like a big supercharged v8 running on nitro!!!
did u see the turbo rx2 mazda doing 8s all night??? and the turbo suzuki gti running 11s pretty quick.

:shock:
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

nah in sydney (finally put it in my profile now), street meets are fun and all, but they just seem slow and quiet now :P

this was all the quick stuff, not allot of street cars most cars got towed back after a run. Slowest proper run was in the 12's by some v8 celica that really shouldnt have been there.

I wont be attending the main event, but i will probably be there for the buzzbox nats on feb 14th.
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

re:

Post by SIRIUS »

hehehe im gona copy n paste that to word...lol....

deeks ill take ya for a drive in my val when the 360 is done.... show ya what real engines are made of... nothing like low down torque of a v-8. hammering it off the line an instantly sideways...lol :twisted: heeehhaaaaaa haaaa haaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa...*evil laugh
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

yeh i must say i've never been in a powerful car thats not turbs
TD05

Re: RE:

Post by TD05 »

SIRIUS wrote: all you think is FAARRKKK when they take off an you virtually go blind from all the vibrations
that's why I always cover my ears :P and close my eyes so I don't go deaf rofl
Kiss my st AZZ -
AutokaT
[L] Plates

Re: RE:

Post by AutokaT »

[quote="TD05]
that's why I always cover my ears :P and close my eyes so I don't go deaf rofl[/quote]

with the top fuelers whats the point of watching then..?..by the time you open your eyes again it's over.. :?
Fuck I hate Starions....
TD05

Post by TD05 »

u didnt get it. :x
Kiss my st AZZ -
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

RE:

Post by SIRIUS »

tell me about the deaf part..i was video taping a few runs.... that night all i could hear was my ears ringing.....
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion