XBOX and TV into Starion

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

damn, theyre big pics....

both awesome starions tho....

but fleed, its a well known adage that red cars go faster....

can you confirm this? is your car slower now its silver? :D

those widebody rims must be the coolest oem rims on any car... you hardly need to change them.
oz, here i come....
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Lovely widebody. Gives me some ideas for a sound system install in the JD, although I don't think I'll bother with an LCD. I'd be too distracted to drive if I installed my XBox/Gamecube/Dreamcast/whatever.

And I'll probably have less neon in the boot - I'm having a hard time trying to work out where to put two 10 or 12" DLS subs.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I had many ideas but this seamed the most practical for what I wanted it to look like. I will most likely change it again. And yes, the Screen does distract you because I wantch DVD's all the time. :oops: But I watch the road heaps. And yes, I am sticking with the widebody rims as they look awesome as they are. And are light too.
fleed
Newcomer

Post by fleed »

@Defective

red was not fast enough...now it runs great...like a silver bullet! ;)

regards

angelo
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Very nice Lancia you got there Fleed :)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

fleed wrote:hello

cool idea...have fun with your mobile x-box!

i have installed the flatscreen on the center console (only for dvd and car navigation, no game console).

regards from switzerland

angelo
I have always wondered how good a screen would look fitted there, looks really great :D what are the dimesions? does it fit perfectly?
fleed
Newcomer

Post by fleed »

the monitor is an 6'5" tft for the install i have reinforced (customized) the frontpanel of the console.

regards
Flash
Dorifto!

Post by Flash »

Impressive.
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

Okay I am really tempted to do this now as I found a double din facia for the centre console.

What do you have to do to get power to the PS2/Xbox? Some one said they had to have a second battery now? Why not just one?

I will have my sound to go through the stereo as it has an auxilary input source thing which has the amp connected to it.
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

u just need a decent inverter to change the 12V DC to 240V AC with a decent enough Amps rating so it can handle it :)
when is someone going to customise the dash and take out the glove box and mount a 15" LCD computer screen?
that would be nice to see and to play games on and or watch movies.

PS> if u do it u need the XBOX modchipped so u have unlimited storage for games/movies/music :) 200GB hdd in it should do the trick ;-)
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

GADGET wrote: What do you have to do to get power to the PS2/Xbox? Some one said they had to have a second battery now? Why not just one?
dont need a 2nd battery, but the idea is that if you play Xbox for too long, you can still start the car.

Also another idea I had: get a unit that is 1 DIN, and pops out. Cut the correct size hole out of dash on passenger side above glove box, stick cut off vinyl to front of screen.

If done with skill, it'd be a fairly stealth install, just a small rectangle, then hit a button and ooo hello screen.

Just an idea, sounds fiddly though.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

Ya all Know its illegal to have the Tv screen on when driving and you are only ment to have them on with the handbrake engaged
I'm Back
HWYSTR
I like starions

Post by HWYSTR »

nice job with the xbox.
but if you think thats impressive you should see my setup when i finish it off
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

went to jaycar yesterday and the guy there started slashing prices when I showed some interest. For inverter started at $229 dropped to $209 showed hesitation went for walk around shop then came back to get it and i reached for one in a box and he said "how about 180 for one not in a box?"
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

Got my setup in today. A PS2 with a 7" fold out screen. PS2 in the glove box. I got a different centre console facia than the JA one. It has a pocket at the bottom and room for a double din.