Upgrades to Widebody

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Ohhhh, D?

Get me some pics of your bogan DX :).
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

ProZac wrote:Ohhhh, D?

Get me some pics of your bogan DX :).
yep, it was the celica... a fwd celica.... moron.... :x

i havnt got any pics of the dx since the suspension was 'altered'... and its a dx wagon bro.... aint pretty
oz, here i come....
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

heh, i should get a pic of the one down the road from me, its pretty fucking sweet : )
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Update:

I know this is an old thread but here it is.

I now have a Garrett GT35 RLS turbo and custom made exhaust manifold on.
Heaviest duty clutch possible without going past organic.
Haltech E6K engine management system.
Pod Air filter
Induction Piping

Now have gained more then 60hp. I am being ristricted by the intake manifold/injectors and the cooler piping. Once this is done, I shall have a lot more power to play with.
karl_2ltgc
[P] Plater austaz

Post by karl_2ltgc »

I reckon magna head+big cam and mpfi would be a good start, then get the right turbo on it. Ive personally seen a starion turbo manifold and there alot smaller than sigma turbo stuff. Problem with sigma turbo stuff is you need an external wastegate which is more $$$.

Also, were the hell does someone go and buy a widebody in australia. Cos i want one. Whats the story with widebodys having lsd's cos if i buy its a must have for me :D
'82 Build JA Starion
Getting 2.6T
'75 GC Galant
2.6 an 5spd
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

My next lot of steps are to get new cooler piping and MPI. Then get another Magna head, (One without Jet Valves). Then I will port and polish it, ect and put CP forged pistons in, with new conrods and maybe new cam. After that I should be close to finishing it.
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

Finished it ??? There's no such thing as a 'finished starion'.

:beer
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

For starters, I said close to finished. I would then have to retrim the interior, make the engine bay prettier and change the guages and add more style to the interior. But as far as engine work goes, yes it will be finished. Besides the regular maintanence.
karl_2ltgc
[P] Plater austaz

Post by karl_2ltgc »

WidebodyWoody wrote:My next lot of steps are to get new cooler piping and MPI. Then get another Magna head, (One without Jet Valves). Then I will port and polish it, ect and put CP forged pistons in, with new conrods and maybe new cam. After that I should be close to finishing it.
I think you will find 2.6 rods are tough as buggery, though shotpeening and resizing the big ends with some good rod bolts wont hurt :)
And a proper cam is a MUST! Also when you go magna head, get sigma rocker gear and cam(solid lifters/cams) better than the hydraulic stuff magnas run. All the porting the magna head needs is to smooth the lower part of the port were it turns down into the cylinder, this is almost a straight 90 turn, just smooth it off and get rid of any daggy bits and your done.
'82 Build JA Starion
Getting 2.6T
'75 GC Galant
2.6 an 5spd
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

karl_2ltgc wrote:
I think you will find 2.6 rods are tough as buggery, though shotpeening and resizing the big ends with some good rod bolts wont hurt :)
And a proper cam is a MUST! Also when you go magna head, get sigma rocker gear and cam(solid lifters/cams) better than the hydraulic stuff magnas run. All the porting the magna head needs is to smooth the lower part of the port were it turns down into the cylinder, this is almost a straight 90 turn, just smooth it off and get rid of any daggy bits and your done.
if you smooth the slag lines off the rods first then shotpeen is even better
302/351Cleveland ARP rod bolts are the go however the bolt holes need to be opened out from 9 mm to 3/8" about .5mm
then the rod needs to be resized and Karls right some realy high HP is needed to break them
as for the head go for a M6 magna casting the inlet port shape is better than earlier magna heads the inner radius is larger and needs less work

cheater
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

cheaterparts wrote: if you smooth the slag lines off the rods first then shotpeen is even better
302/351Cleveland ARP rod bolts are the go however the bolt holes need to be opened out from 9 mm to 3/8" about .5mm
then the rod needs to be resized and Karls right some realy high HP is needed to break them
as for the head go for a M6 magna casting the inlet port shape is better than earlier magna heads the inner radius is larger and needs less work

cheater
ARP makes rod bolts for the 2.6 (and head stud kit). But I guess going bigger doesn't hurt.
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

mrb1 wrote:
ARP makes rod bolts for the 2.6 (and head stud kit). But I guess going bigger doesn't hurt.
so of heard but when I was going to buy them I found that a set for a 2.6 and cleavo where the same cost and there where 8 bolts 1 pack and 16 bolt in the other
Now who is a tight arse then !
I prep my own rods so it was no prob just set them up on the mill and bored the holes

cheater