over heating

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

over heating

Post by bigmoz »

Hey people I have a quick question only
in the hot of the day (this morning 22/dec/04 - Melbourne) times I have had a bit overheating problems this is the first time since last year b4 my engine packed up and needed a rebuild I have replaced the

-thermostat
-all hoses
-radiator
-and flushed the radiator

But there is now a problem the best I can do is drive around with the heater on and the window down what can I do to stop the overheating

big moz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: over heating

Post by mrb1 »

bigmoz wrote:Hey people I have a quick question only
in the hot of the day (this morning 22/dec/04 - Melbourne) times I have had a bit overheating problems this is the first time since last year b4 my engine packed up and needed a rebuild I have replaced the

-thermostat
-all hoses
-radiator
-and flushed the radiator

But there is now a problem the best I can do is drive around with the heater on and the window down what can I do to stop the overheating

Well make sure your fans are working correctly. I would say your radiator is still blocked to some degree if you have not actually replaced it.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

you have the stone tray thingy bolted on?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

no and no

Post by bigmoz »

i replaced radiator core with a higher flow one it cost around 450 and my fans are conected up to the accessories so they run all the time and when i bought my car it didnt come with one of those stone thingys

85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

you will be surprised how much of a difference that gay looking chin spoiler makes to your cooling... even if it is attached make sure it is angled right to direct the air up to the radiator.

another thing u could look at is type of coolant... try a 90 plus or something.

also, if your radiator is not pressurising it will not have the proper flow, check your radiator cap to see it seals correctly or to be on the safe side replace it with a new one.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Re: no and no

Post by TD05 »

bigmoz wrote:i replaced radiator core with a higher flow one it cost around 450 and my fans are conected up to the accessories so they run all the time and when i bought my car it didnt come with one of those stone thingys

you gotta have it or the air won't all go thru the radiator and it'll just go around under the radiator, I was running mine without it for a while and I noticed the temps go up, put it back on and it's sweet now..
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
Guru
Lil' Dorifto

cooling

Post by Guru »

Get a cooler thermostat so it starts to dissipate the heat earlier and install a manual switch for the thermo fans and wire the fans together.
rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

Just a thought, but if your fuel mixtures are a bit lean, the combustion temperature may be a little high causing it to run hot. When my fuel settings were over rich, the temp gauge struggled to make it to the first little notch on the guage (about an 8th of the way). Do you run an aftermarket computer?
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph