DIY fuel controller

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
nomis
Dorifto!

Post by nomis »

the product is
Ref: High Performance Electronic Project for Cars ? Silicon Chip Publications
This unit is a huge revolution in DIY automotive performance. It gives you the power to completely tune the air/fuel ratio throughout the entire load range, at 128 load points, providing incredible mapping resolution and brilliant drivability. It uses the Handheld Digital Controller , so there is no need for a laptop, and it supports both static and real-time mapping. It can be used on 0-5V and 0-12V signals, so it is compatible with all voltage output airflow meters and MAP sensors. It can also be set to work with 0-1V signals, allowing modification of EGO sensor signals. This unit has been extensively tested on a wide range of cars including Subaru Impreza WRX and STi, Nissan 200SX, BMW 735i, Lexus LS400, and Nissan Maxima. Kit supplied with PCB, machined case, and all electronic components. Kit requires the Handheld Digital Controller"
the controler looks like this Image

with this controler i ca also suply a digital puls adjuster and also avaible are a high power ignistion kit
________
Ktm 50Sx
Last edited by nomis on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
scum
I'm Banned!

Re: DIY fuel controller

Post by scum »

questionable wrote: $95 NZD for the regulator and around $150 NZD for the hand controller.
bugger it, ill have one. can i have it now?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
nomis
Dorifto!

Post by nomis »

can you solder? if so jump on to jaycar site and have a look at the kits

this is where i get my kits from all i do is solder them together and box them (sounds easy but one wrong solder and its fucked lol)
________
Buy iolite
Last edited by nomis on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I know this guy please dont take anything he says seriously, it was gonna be made from a peg and a piece of string, just his idea of a joke. :? .. hahaha brotec come on people.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

ah well, i guess it is school holidays and at least he's not out stealing hubcaps or something else as moronic as this seems like all he's good for. the problem with education these days is that retards like this end up being able to use computers.

nice one loser :roll:
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
fil
I've been here before

Post by fil »

I belive the jaycar kit is not compaditable with our air flow sensors, i may be wrong but i think it is simply a piggy back soultion like an apexi afc as such it will not be able to run a multipoint on a starion.
. However if your after a cheap solution go with the mega squirt, completly independent fuel controler ie no spark. Has an inbuilt map sensor so no need for air flow sensors etc. I am currently in the procees of finishing mine, it works i just have to get a case ,mount it,wire it in and then tune. Once this is done i will report on how hard it is to do on the normal starion tbi I will then change to mpi.
Im hopping to have it on the tbi by the end of jan.
Good luck
Starions: The wedge with the edge !
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

cheers fil, thats what i wanted to know. i've been considering megasquirt but have no prior knowledge with that type of wiring/soldering and tuning of the actual computer. i've read a few accounts of people self tuning on the motorway through a laptop (with a mate driving of course) and although the price is very tempting i'm worried that i haven't got the required skills to make it all work. would be very interested in hearing how you go with your setup though........... and if anybody else on here is using megasquirt and can dumb it down a bit to give me some pointers i'd appreciate it.

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
fil
I've been here before

Post by fil »

if your not confident with tunning i wouldnt advise any sort of diy fuel controler. As for the motorway just remeber people tune carbs for many years using only their ear and the feal of the engine. No road is as good as a dyno but it can get you running sufficently. Some workshops will also hire you dyno time.
What else do you want to know?
Starions: The wedge with the edge !
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Has anyone got any ideas if the JayCar hand controller will work with a Haltec Engine Management system? They don't come with controlers but they do use a laptop with a com connection.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

it says it runs from 0-5v, 0-12v and 0-1v. the AFM in the mitsu does not output DC, not like a vane AFS, but the jaycar kit says it'll run from a MAP sensor, the starion has a DC output MAP so it should in theory work...

:wink:
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

brotec choice bro rofl