Suspension Ideas?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

$4-5 grand for the full F&R kit - shocks, revalving, springs, camber plates. Drop off your existing struts and pick up later all ready to bolt up.

Discounts are available if you ask the right questions and dont act like a dickhead :wink:
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

Entaran

Are you using the car for closed road events (Sprints & Hillclimbs) as well? if so dont set the car up to stiff or it will gitter all over the place, as roads are alot rougher than circuits.

MY front Kingspring/Koni coilovers and rear king/Koni combination with adjustable strut tops cost $1600 fitted

Ashly
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

...and don't forget he's also got double valve springs :D
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

JPC wrote:...and don't forget he's also got double valve springs :D
Yes you must fitt double valve springs for better handling

ASH
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

Hello gang

Well one part of the suspenssion that has NOT been addressed is the Strut Bars front AND rear. These will greatly stiffen the cars roll and keep all 4 wheels leveled during hard cornering.

There was a AU member making these but dont know what happened of if he's still making them or not BUT its a GREAT investment in handling.

Bellow are a few pics of the US verssion of these Strut bars made by a US Starion Board Member, And YES he IS working on the AU verssion as the engine compartments are a bit different as far as componet location.

So if ANYONE here is interested in this style Front AND rear Strut bars send him an e-mail and TELL HIM that I ( Oscar-the-Grouch ) sent you. If there's enough interest he will get off his but and make the corrections faster.

Contact "Shawn" at ( Starquest@shiftboots.zzn.com )
Again TELL him you are from Australia and that you are interested in the Au verssion of his bars. Al;so DONT forget to tell him I sent you :wink:

Hope this helps
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage