TC06 wastegate actuator repositioning bracket.

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

TC06 wastegate actuator repositioning bracket.

Post by ProZac »

Had to make this up so i could use my original wastegate actuator on my cordia tc06/starion tc05 hybrid. Also went a little nutty and sanded down the compressor housing and polished it up, looks pretty good now :). DrKelf should apreciate?

bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

looks nice man how long did it take you to polish it up like that i just has my turbo off and i cbf doing it son now that its on its all greeeeeesssssssy

big moz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

rofl nice work zac
Xentro
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Xentro »

Nice & Shiny

How long did it take you to get it looking like that.?
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

kelfy would be proud of that effort
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

BLING!

tsall good to paint/polish/clean shit up... but when you put it back together you realise you didn't clean up the bolts too! done it so many times... paint it black :D
_

Post by ProZac »

Loving the kiwi video clip as your avatar deeks :D

Polishing it up wasent that bad really, i had a rotary sanding attachment for the drill that took care of the lettering, and i filed off all the little knobs and stuff. Polished it up with some soft metal cutting compound and a buffing wheel on a bench grinder. Probably about a couple of hours work, if you've got the tools.

I've got an air compressor and die grinder now, so i might go on a polishing spree ;).
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

is that setup with the outlet of the housing facing over the top of the engine like stock or towards the drivers side of the car?

i've been wondering how to do this, was having a look today and thinking i might be able to get away with leaving the actuator where it is and just using a straight actuating rod (for the cordia TC06, wouldn't work for the TC05 actuating bracket).

if you've got a diagram of that adaptor plate i'd be keen on a copy, might come in handy one day.

cheers
Matt
str_ng_r@hotmail.com
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

This puts the outlet facing the drivers side guard, a-la factory intercooler setup. I also had to remove the dowel on the exhaust side of the CHRA, and file a key-way on the comressor side of the CHRA, no biggie tho.

Only template of that i have is a cardboard one i did as a mock-up to check it was in the right place. It dosent have to be an exact exact science, as the wastegate actuator rod can be adjusted, in a couple of directions. I got it as close as i could tho, and still have it clear everything. Made a provision for the dipstick tube aswell, because currently its mounted, to, well, nothing at all!
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

hey, i've got a mate who might be interested in this turbo, just wondering why you're selling up? and if he's keen would you do a deal for the i/c setup and the turbo?

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Not selling up exactly, just clearing out the garage of parts im not going to use. Plans are heading in a different direction. Get him to email me at zperston@paradise.net.nz and we might be able to sort something out :).