td05 14 vs TC06

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

So, after reading all this i come to the conclusion that a complete td-05 would be the best option compared to the laggy tc-06? Do they make them with 6cm housings? or is it a DIY job?
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Hell don't fit a TD05 with a 6cm2 housing that's too small :roll: Are you one of these guy's that doesn't rev it over 4500 RPM?
What's with this "laggy TC06" stuff? You sound like Darkelf :D
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

My 06 was laggy. It didnt come on boost until about 3k.
Sanchez's Nissan turbo comes on at about 1500.
Now compared to the 06 thats significantly better.

The TD05 is supposed to come on around 1700 which is much better than the 3k of the 06.

I was being comprehensively beaten away from lights by faster spooling turbo's (in particular one hybrid) and I decide that it was time to do something about it when my turbo died.

It's not a matter of sounding like me. It's a fact. The 06 is designed for long range high speed driving. Not sprinting. The Staz was designed to take on the Porsche 924 as a high end cheapish sports car. Hence the 06 being put on the JBs.

To make the thing sprint you need a faster spooling turbo! Simple.
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

my 2.5" i/c pipes and evo 3 cooler makes it ultra laggy anyway :x but its all about BRAGGING! evo 3 cooler! :wtf: